Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

possible new Clutch at next service - any recommendations at same time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 06:53 AM
69COU
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible new Clutch at next service - any recommendations at same time.

The clutch pedal on my car is very heavy although i have always been use to it but have been assured that I am giving myself a hard time. The garage have said in the past that it is most likely that the clutch is reaching the end of its life although no slipping yet. In the past they said just wait and see how it lasts or when you get fed up with it. (This has been that same for last 10,000 miles)

I am about to send in for a service so expect that this time they may well recommend that i just get it done. Is they any adjustment to pedal load or way of testing as seems an expensive replacement to do if not actually the clutch gone yet? What do i know about these things I just drive the car.

Anyhow if i do opt to get clutch done i understand a big job ( Is this drop the motor?) Do you recommend any other small preventative jobs are carried out at the same time?
Old 08-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My clutch pedal has been heavy since I bought the car 4 years ago, the slipping just started on my car. I had someone check my clutch for wear about a year ago (80.000 km), they cleaned the disk from some dirt, no need to change it for some time was the answer.

I suspect that the slipping I got now is because of oil leaking into the clutch.

So your clutch might run for a while longer, but if you decide to change it make sure to have them exchange the rubber gasket while they are in there.

Quick Reply: possible new Clutch at next service - any recommendations at same time.