964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Have to sell my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 09:29 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Food Angle,

Your car wouldn't have been the black on black 3.6 turbo that I would see in Union City, Hudson County area every now and then, would it?

I just had someone confirm that they are going to buy my 74 914 2.0l that I rebuilt from the ground up. May be a VW in Porsche guise but anytime I sell a Porsche no matter if I have another or not and no matter what model, I feel some form of loss.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope. Polar silver and it lives in Morris County.

I just hate selling any of the p-cars. We've sold a bunch of 'em, and it sucks every time. Even when we sell them to friends (sometimes especially when we sell them to friends, and then they go and bastardize the things!)

And sorry--I was lamenting the sale of a n/a 964, and I recognize the loss of a turbo may be greater. However, I think a porscheless garage is joyless indeed. I hope you can find a way to hang on to it.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:42 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Originally posted by Food Angel

I just hate selling any of the p-cars. We've sold a bunch of 'em, and it sucks every time. Even when we sell them to friends (sometimes especially when we sell them to friends, and then they go and bastardize the things!)

And sorry--I was lamenting the sale of a n/a 964, and I recognize the loss of a turbo may be greater. However, I think a porscheless garage is joyless indeed.
I just posted another thread about a 914 I am selling. Turbo or 4 banger it still is an empty feeling. I know what you mean about bastardizing the car. I sold a beautiful 74 RS look alike built on an SC Everything right down to the 8 & 9 X 15 inch Fuchs. The new owner took the car removed the tail added A/C and replaced the fuchs with 17" Fikse's then he tinted the windows black. It makes you sick to see good things go to hell.

By the way what color is your 3.6 and do you have any pictures.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by Food Angel
Even when we sell them to friends (sometimes especially when we sell them to friends, and then they go and bastardize the things!)
Hey, some of us actually have it in better condition that when it was sold.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:34 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Brian P
Hey, some of us actually have it in better condition that when it was sold.
New wheel helps that, eh?

Quick Reply: Have to sell my car