Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Ignition woes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 04:31 AM
fritz k.
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Brandon, for testing purposes take one of the other gray relays and swap the two, the gray ones are compatible.

Fritz
Old 09-28-2023, 11:12 AM
urquattro20Vt
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 83 Posts

UPDATE.

I'm in Monterey - and yes I drove.

Before I left I was able to talk to Richard at Clewett Monday and HE CAME THROUGH LIKE A BOSS.
He had a 3.2 Carrera set of wires - but no 964T. But only difference is the coil wire. Others are the same. These were a smidge long so maybe that is a difference but functionally the same. He had connectors on hand - luckily - to make a coil wire - and shipped the set (3.2 wires plus the coil wire he made) to me overnight. Arrived 10 AM Tuesday. Pretty easy swap.

I also swapped the O2 sensor - thinking yeah maybe the Sea Foam killed it. The can does not say O2 sensor safe and it was pretty concentrated for about 15 minutes. Who knows.
During the drive yesterday I determined it unlike the O2 sensor was bad. While it was misfiring and AFRs were out of whack - I then had unplugged the O2 sensor thinking maybe it was fighting the situation - figured let the car just run at the base setting. That did help for a bit but then AFR's went to being whacked out again - with O2 senor unplugged.

I also swapped the relays - put another grey relay in for the fuel pump and put an aftermarket spare I had in that other spot (don't know what it is - doesn't matter). Pulled the original FP relay out of rotation

Bottom line the car is back to normal - ran like the champ she is from Denver to here. I left Denver Tuesday afternoon and got here to Monterey Wednesday evening.

Will be parked in the 964 corral.

Brandon
'91 Turbo

The following 3 users liked this post by urquattro20Vt:
Black_Hat (09-28-2023), das76 (09-29-2023), heliolps2 (09-28-2023)

Quick Reply: Ignition woes?