964 turbo engine-out pics?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 04:40 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 964 turbo engine-out pics?

Good morning everyone,

does anybody have any engine-out detailed pics of a 964 turbo engine - I am trying to study and learn where everything is and how everything is connected etc. Also, is changing the sparkplugs an engine-out case?

Thanks and best regards

Emilios
Old 05-23-2004, 09:36 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are pics from my engine rebuild. Unfortunately these are from my mechanic and I was not able to document the engine as I would have liked. Nonetheless, perhaps this gets you started...

It is a little far from Cyprus, though I did make the trek from NJ, to attend Jerry Woods' engine and transmission class. It was very informative and will certainly ground you in the basics of the 911 engine. Further, you could check out Wayne Dempsey's book, "How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 engines". Again, this will give you a good understanding of the 911 engine to at least learn the turbo differences from.

Old 05-23-2004, 09:39 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

I would also recommend Jerry Woods' class. You'll learn a ton, even if you are very experienced.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:11 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

DrJupeman,

thank you very much for the effort and the pics - as I mentioned in my previous email, I haven't as yet seen mine or indeed any 964 turbo engine out of the car, and would very much like to learn to 'navigate' its various systems /ancilllaries.

Thank you indeed.

Best regards

Emilios
Old 05-24-2004, 11:59 AM
John S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Emilios,

You and I think alike. Just the other week I was saying to a couple of my friends that I was thinking of dropping the Turbo's engine to detail it and just really learn as much as I can about it. I still may, although it's not a small job. My car's never going to be concours - nor do I want it to be - but I figure giving it a good cleaning always helps when diagnosing problems.

- John
Old 05-24-2004, 04:10 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

John,

I always like to 'know what I am dealing with', and although I do not intend to do any serious DIY work to my car, I feel it's nice to know what is next to what and how everything is connected /works etc. Apart from developing more confidence, this also makes me feel much less of an idiot in case something happens.

Best regards

Emilios

Quick Reply: 964 turbo engine-out pics?