964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

94 Flatnose w/X88 $105K???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 02:49 AM
craigsduc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Flatnose w/X88 $105K???

I found a 94 X88 flatnose w/ 10K miles for $ 105k. Is this realistic? How would this car compare to a 993tt or a GT3 as I,m considering these others.RPM in Houston has it!
Old 04-02-2004, 05:18 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

It really depends on what you want. These cars have no fixed prices. The X88 is definitely much rarer, meaner, wilder and IMO better looking than the other two you mention. The others on the other hand, are obviously more modern, easier to live with, better/more failsafe/foolproof handling (especially the 4wd 993TT), cheaper maintenance/servicing/parts costs etc. The decision is yous.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:00 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,121 Likes on 1,273 Posts

What do you plan on doing with it?

The slopenose is a rare auto. Its price is high because of its low mileage and rarity. I have mixed info but have been told that as few as 28 of these US models may be left.

If you want to drive the car hard and often the Flachbau is probably not the car for you. It will hold a certain value but will loose value if driven and modified.

From the people I have spoken to that own these, the X88 Flachbau package are on par or faster than a stock 993TT, 996TT, 360 in a straight line. Without modifying the suspension it will not handle as well. Modify the suspension and if you know how to drive these cars and don't mind the heavy rear, it will be a formidable weapon.

If it were up to me, for a Sunday driver I would by the Flachbau and drive it occasionally, but I have a preference to the older single turbo cars. For a daily driver the TT and for a track/street car the GT3.

Just my .02c worth
Old 04-02-2004, 10:15 AM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

was RPM's Flat nose the same one that was on ebay for $88,000ish?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:30 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

this particular car was for sale at another dealership in FL for 98,000.I am pretty sure Ray @ RPM bought it off that dealership,amrked up the price and then puts it up for sale with $12,000 more.
Like every one else said,it is a collectors car and if you put miles on it then you better be ready to take a hit in your wallet when it comes to selling it.
Later, Yasir
Old 04-05-2004, 02:59 AM
Flat Top
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the uninformed, like me, herewith a link showing what this type of car is all about.

http://www.supercars.net/garages/PeP/32v2.html
Old 04-05-2004, 03:45 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

I know of a guy in Milwaukee that actually has two of these cars, with almost no miles. If you are really interested, PM me and Iw ill forward the info. I believe he was going to take around $90k USD. Thse are one of ther rarest and best looking Turbo's ever made IMO. HAving one would be very special indeed when compared to the newer models. You would have a better chance of winning than lottery than seeing another one while driving yours. I also agree that if its going to be a daily driver, forget it and buy the TT. Having driven the GT3, its a great car, but it needs a turbo!
Old 04-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Bogey,
I doubt anyone in Milwaukee has two flachbau's. There is a guy named Mike Mack who lives in milwaukee who was a friend of mine who was telling people he could sell my two low mile 94 turbo S slantnose cars. But that turned out to be innaccurate. Mike and I considered forming a dealership together and were going to use my two 94 S cars and my Two 97 S cars as window dressing to start up the dealership. We have since gone our separate ways and the none of the cars are for sale.

The best way to learn about the location of an 94 turbo S is to contact Mark Smith at flachbau.com he has the history of just about every one of the 39 94 S slantnose cars in North America.

If you continue to hear about these two phantom Milwaukee cars for sale I would appreciate a note so I can find out if they exist or put a stop to anyone claiming they can sell my cars. Thanks
Old 04-10-2004, 09:07 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Les,

I was talking to freind who has a Black/Black Flachbau here in Jersey the other day. He claims his research tells him that only 28 US cars remain and that the other 11 have gone to the big parking garage in the sky.

Do you have any input on this?
Old 04-10-2004, 06:57 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

your "non" friend offered the two cars up for sale within the last few months. The cars were explained to me by a friend/business associate in the private aircraft business. My friend has been in Jamaica for the last few weeks, but I will follow up and let him know this guy in Milwaukee is boasting about cars he only wishes he has access to. No offense intended toward your cars, I was only trying to help a fellow Rennlister.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Les Quam
Pro

Bogey1,
I sent you a private email with my apology if I came off as angry. That was not my intention. If there really are two more flachbau's in Milwaukee we would like to get info on them for the registry. If my friend was discussing them a few months ago he had my permission to talk them up as part of our private collection for a proposed dealership so it's not the end of the world. Since right now two of my cars are on an wholesale dealers website in Florida and another in Connecticut. very wierd industry this high end used car industry. Seems very common for dealers to verify you have these cars then forget to tell you they are going on their website. I was led to believe they were just calling to tcompare note about rare cars. I am of course a complete idiot.

Cobalt,
I don't have any idea how many flachbau's are left. Mark Smith is the expert. I would like to talk to your friend in NJ to learn about his research. Is this guy the owner of PAR cars or something like that. Remember many people think Porsche imported 28 of thses cars because that was their first plan. Mark smith has documentation that the final build number was 39.

Cobalt,
I found a 97 993 turbo S in zenith blue. Thats almost cobalt isnt it? This car has Anthony written all over it.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:56 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Les,

No he doesn't own PAR. I was out at PAR about eight months ago. He was advertising what he called an S. It is still on their website, I believe. It looks like a "project" car and he is asking $110K and not getting it. I did look around closely and saw no sign of the car on his lot or inside. When I asked them about the car they had few answers, but then again trying to get info from PAR is like pulling teeth. Unless he has another storage location I would say that is a consignment car.

I have been trying to access Mark's site for about a month or so I believe it is down or he is making changes to it because I can't access it.

I will talk to him and see what i can find out.

Zenith? Not quite Cobalt, Nice color but not as fast.

Thinking about adding another S to the collection?
Old 04-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Les Quam
Pro

Cobalt,
Not really looking for another 97, but I thought of you when I saw the zenith 97 S.

Can you put me in touch with your flachbau owning NJ friend I would like to learn about his research? Is his name Mike Sapena? Does Mark have his information?

Last time I talked to Mark he said he was having some sort of computer trouble with the website.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For the 45th anniversary picnic of my local PCA chapter two summers ago we had a corral with cars organized by year. My old 94 968 coupe was parked alongside a black flachbau-I think it was the owner you mentioned above, I'd have to see the event listing to be sure. (If I saved it.) I do remember it had a RPM license plate frame, but the car had NJ plates.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:47 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally posted by Les Quam
Cobalt,
Not really looking for another 97, but I thought of you when I saw the zenith 97 S.

Can you put me in touch with your flachbau owning NJ friend I would like to learn about his research? Is his name Mike Sapena? Does Mark have his information?

Last time I talked to Mark he said he was having some sort of computer trouble with the website.
Les, I'd be very interested in the zenith blue car. Can you PM me with details? Thanks in advance, Les

Quick Reply: 94 Flatnose w/X88 $105K???