964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

What suspension do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 09:11 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Question What suspension do I have?

It appears obvious that I have H&R springs. But what are the struts? Does this H&R setup come as a set? If so, what are the spring rates and who makes the struts? Are the struts/shocks revalvable (a la Bilstein?) What do stock struts look like (are these stock?)?

Front:

Rear:

Rear closeup:
Old 03-31-2004, 10:28 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,067 Likes on 1,242 Posts

It's hard to tell by the pictures but it appears to be stock shocks and struts with H&R springs used to lower the car.

I don't think they can be revalved or that it would be worth trying.

From the looks of it they appear to have been in the car for a while.

Newer better technology out there now. For track use you probably will want to upgrade.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:30 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, I wasn't sure what stock struts looked like on this car. There is better technology out there, but I'm not sure I want to pay for it. Although adjustable shocks are all the rage today, I'm not sure I would make use of their adjustability. Further, mounting the remote reservoirs start to require modifications to mount them (particularly in the rear). Thus I am leaning toward "old tech" Bilstein HD or RSR struts/shocks revalved to match the spring rates I want (600-800 lbs range). Because I want spring rates like that, systems like the PSS9 don't work for me (too light).

Quick Reply: What suspension do I have?