Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

$110,00 flachbau on ebay. Whats wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am working on the pictures. Then I will work on figuring out how to post them. I am the original computer caveman. everyone else is a distant second. As to why the 94 S slantnose. When my first one beat my 2001 twin turbo I was hooked. Due to the low volume(39) they tend to not depreciate like my other cars. Makes it easier to rationalize to the wife." But honey they only made 39, they will only go up in value"
Old 02-22-2004, 03:45 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Les,
It is funny (not funny ha ha) what 10 years can do to a car. In the article by David Coleman (written in April 1994 in Excellence) about the Turbo 3.6 Flachbau was that during the interview with the people from Beverly Hills Porsche they said they could not get sell it at the time because it was the most expensive Porsche ever made and imported into the USA. The one in the article was one of only two metallic painted ones imported.
10 years on and they have become collectors cars and people are prepared to pay a premium for them but still less than the original $US159,179 for the puppy in the article. The non Flachbau Turbo 3.6 S was $US119,921. That was a lot of money in 1994.
I suppose this is not that surprising really but just shows how times have changed.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 02-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Adrian,
I believe you are correct. For example I paid more for the black flachbau I purchased Thursday than for the Red one I purchased almost 3 years ago. Yet the both have similar mileage. 4200 for the red one 3900 for the black one. This time many more people were aware of the 94 flachbau. Whereas 3 years ago few including me knew anything about the car.

Adrian,
My most recent flachbau has a Porsche in dash CD player which the original owner says is from the factory. I have found the correct code in your book but am wondering where a corresponding code might be found on the car?Is the sticker under the hood the only place to look? Because that sticker does not list the CD player as an option nor does the window sticker.The original owner says it was standard. Yet my other flachbau came standard with cassette and remote CD as an option?
Old 02-22-2004, 02:04 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,123 Likes on 1,275 Posts

You one lucky Guy

I assume this is the car that I have been drolling over for the past two weeks or so.

I tried to convince my wife this car would be a good investment she just looked and said all I see is new kitchen.

Then I tried; the trade the Blue for Black (Triple Black is my all time favorite combo) and would make a good investment.

Then I tried the you asked me what I wanted for my anniversary gift. You know what I got

Well needless to say I am glad to see it went to the right person. Lots Of Luck. Other than maybe a Cobalt blue turbo 3.6 that may be the most beautiful Porsche ever made.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Cobalt,
It was the one in Pleasenten calif. at a dealer called specialty sales. Thank goodness it wasn't blue.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:42 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,123 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Yeah thats the one.

I agree. Thank Goodness I have only seen one other in Cobalt. Hopefuly not too many more. It has Linen interior.

So for being devoid of all color and having a flat nose, she really is a beauty. Can't wait to see more pics.

Old 02-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Les,
Here is where we run into another one of those Porsche specialities. Options are only declared if the installation is not included in the basic engineering diagrams drawn up for that model. Now when they made the drawings for the Flachbau a huge amount of the "special changes" would have been incorporated into the drawings and not written up as options. Can you imagine how big the sticker under the lid would have to be for a Flachbau.
I would be surprised if any of these installations show up on the sticker.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C
Old 02-22-2004, 07:58 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Les,
I agree why would you alter the originality of a rare car..different strokes for different folks I guess.
It sounds to me that you are becoming, if not already, a certified member of Porscheholics anonymous! Please post some pictures of your cars.
Maverick
Old 02-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Les, you own for close to a million dollars of cars and you mentioned you're in debt.. I wish my banker was that open minded!

I can't wait for the pics of your wonderful rides!

Regards,
Chris

Quick Reply: $110,00 flachbau on ebay. Whats wrong