964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Least dust brake pads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 02:34 PM
wicks
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Least dust brake pads?

Who makes the least dust-producing brake pads for turbo 3.6 brakes? With a white car, I think all other characteristics of the pads matter far less to me. The sides and rear of the car are caked in black dust after one hour drive.

And footnote - I replaced the ancient dried out tires with new Mich PS4s, no change to the dusting. And alignment done all into spec, so it's not tire dust.

Last edited by wicks; 05-08-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

The question you should be asking is "what brand of pad won't eat up my rotors?"
All pads create dust. You want to wash that dust off as frequently as you can because it's corrosive.
I wash my wheels off every Sunday night before I put my car away for the week. I have too much money into wheel refinishing to not take care of them.
I use the OE Textar pads. They are gentle on the rotors.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:12 AM
wicks
Rennlist Member

Not my priority but thanks. I am first and foremost trying to keep my white machine from getting coated with a layer of soot on every drive. I've ordered EBC reds, will try those.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:42 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

I went through a bunch of older threads for Brake Pads,... and Wicks thread ^^ seemed like the best place to revive this conversation.

I don't need pads just yet,... but when I do, I hope TRW decides to make these CERAMIC pads for our 964 Turbo's (they are not avail yet tho)....

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/trw-ultra-c...ou-need-to-try

slide down in the post to see & watch the video
Old 08-17-2022, 01:34 PM
wicks
Rennlist Member

The EBC have been working just fine and not bad dust at all. Sometimes - not always, I get a little whine from the front when pulling to a stop light. A bit intermittent, and only when rolling up with medium pressure. Increase pressure a bit, or reduce - and whine stops.

Quick Reply: Least dust brake pads?