Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Un)Official Luftgekuhlt Picture Thread - LOAD UP THIS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017 | 04:51 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Awesome pics guys.

We're in Sevilla for the week. Trying to work a gig to live here for a year or two. Head back tomorrow. Wife happy. Lots of shopping. I'm happy. lots of ham beer and food. But did miss luft.
This trip is worth at least 30 track days lol
Old 05-09-2017 | 05:14 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
...We're in Sevilla for the week. Trying to work a gig to live here for a year or two. Head back tomorrow. Wife happy. Lots of shopping. I'm happy. lots of ham beer and food.
Love Sevilla! Lived there for a year and road with one of the local bike racing clubs a couple times a week, so I got to know all the roads around town and just loved visiting all the little Pueblos Blancos outside of Sevilla. We lived two block from the cathedral. Highly recommend it (especially if you don't have kids)!
Old 05-09-2017 | 05:15 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

You cali guys are jaded haha. I wish we had an event of this caliber on the east coast. Some great pics from the weekend, and there are a few YouTube videos starting to pop up today, including that guy stu who recently did a full review of a member of Rennlist a car.
Old 05-09-2017 | 05:17 PM
no_car
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 02m2
Agree on the parking....disappointing thinking you paid for parking in the event and you are in some isolated parking lot not even part of the event. Many cars in the parking lot were nicer than those inside the gates. It was much better when everyone parked together.

i agree. that was the concern i heard for most of the people who paid for aircooled parking... it felt isolated and it was so far from the venue. I agree it was waay better when everyone could park inside together.
Old 05-09-2017 | 05:29 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Awesome pics guys.

We're in Sevilla for the week. Trying to work a gig to live here for a year or two. Head back tomorrow. Wife happy. Lots of shopping. I'm happy. lots of ham beer and food. But did miss luft.
This trip is worth at least 30 track days lol
Spain is a special place. Was just in Alicante/Mallorca. Amazing culture/food/wine.
Old 05-09-2017 | 05:44 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

The Petrolicious site has a really great collection of photos from the event.
Old 05-09-2017 | 05:48 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Love Sevilla! Lived there for a year and road with one of the local bike racing clubs a couple times a week, so I got to know all the roads around town and just loved visiting all the little Pueblos Blancos outside of Sevilla. We lived two block from the cathedral. Highly recommend it (especially if you don't have kids)!
Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Spain is a special place. Was just in Alicante/Mallorca. Amazing culture/food/wine.
This is our 3rd time here in 2 years. We love this place. Specifically the south (non Costa del sol area) Madrid is nice but feels like every other big city in Europe. Barcelona feels like la with better food. But andalucia is something. If we end up here we'd live in Tirana. Or should better say wife will and I'll be here on weekends living in London during the week. Let's see if I can make it work. No kids and well, our house if empty due to remodel so that makes moving easy!!! It's bad when I'm searching classifies for an air cooled and looking for garage parking lol.

Originally Posted by no_car
i agree. that was the concern i heard for most of the people who paid for aircooled parking... it felt isolated and it was so far from the venue. I agree it was waay better when everyone could park inside together.
I talked with pat about this space prior to the event. The space last year was pretty special. There were some logistical issues around it this year. Finding a spot for 1000 cars that has a "cool vibe" to it is really hard. Even in a place as big as la. He said he's got some special ideas worked up for the next one. But from the pictures I saw this one looked pretty great. Maybe not as "intimate" as the others. I'm sure that is a difficult balance given the size.

And for those who have never met him, couldn't find a more dedicated Porsche fanatic out there. He's super dedicated to the history and brand of these cars. So I'd expect more great things to come.
Old 05-09-2017 | 06:22 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Like I said, the warehouse setup was super cool but the $20 parking felt like I was at Cars and Coffee. We basically paid to park "near" the show. The only effort to make it feel like it was part of the event was the T-Shirt booth... hhmmmm. If they would have set up some displays in the lot and maybe had generational parking, it would have felt more like it was actually part of the whole thing.

All-in-all, it was a good event but nothing compared to last year's experience where everyone was together and there was pretty much a surprise around every corner.
Old 05-09-2017 | 06:55 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

As someone who hadn't been to previous events, I didn't pay for parking and had to park in the boonies. As someone who couldn't park in the for fee lot, I would have jumped at the chance to park in the near by lot for $20. But it didn't look like part of the event.
Old 05-09-2017 | 07:04 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Default a few

here are some from the morning.. idk why they turned sideways..looked straight going in..turn your head...sorry
Attached Images           
Old 05-09-2017 | 09:53 PM
Don Nguyen
Racer

Interesting to see that I wasn't the only one that felt that way regarding the parking situation and I didn't even bring a 964 to the event haha.

Personally, if I had known there were cars parked outside of the venue, I wouldn't have felt compelled to pay the $20 entry fee because there were just as many cool cars outside as there were inside, aside from the special cars inside the warehouses of course.

Saw many very cool cars driving on the road, but they seemed like they were scattered about in various parking lot areas around the main/secondary parking locations.
Old 05-09-2017 | 11:38 PM
lateforlunch
Instructor

Had a good time with friends and seeing all the cars at the event. I'll mirror what others have said about the paid aircooled parking and lack of vibe this year. My last picture was from out in the "sold out" aircooled only paid parking. Look at all those open parking spaces.... and there were plenty more open spots to the left out of frame. sold out?
Theres no reason they couldn't have taken a $20 cash and fill up the lot for the people who didn't register in time. I came with a whole group of friends who all drove their cars to the event and only half of us registered in time so the others were turned away and had to park really far away. Leaving the lot empty like that was kinda insulting.... I mean why not go with the more the merrier attitude? At any rate Ive been to all four, had my aircooled car at 1,2 and 4... took my watercooled car to 3 just because I felt like driving it. I'll go again but It would be nice to be included.
Old 05-11-2017 | 01:16 AM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

I went to Luftgekühlt 4. It was super fun. I only previously went to Luftgekühlt III. I thought that event felt much more like "everyone was together." Some of the Luft 4 t-shirt booth people even echoed this sentiment (perhaps unconsciously): when I noticed that the maroon Luft 4 hat I had just purchased was size L/XL, I asked if there were any Smalls. The attendant said, "Maybe try inside, they might have more stock compared to what is out here.) The "designated" air-cooled parking really felt like "overflow parking." Apparently, if you're not on the more well-known guys in SoCal, or part of R Gruppe, there's no way you're getting on the inside. It was super fun to be there, but these negative things did cross my mind once it was all over.
Old 05-11-2017 | 11:25 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 02m2
here are some from the morning.. idk why they turned sideways..looked straight going in..turn your head...sorry
We need more pics of 02m2's car!

Favorite Luft pick so far:
by Zwart
Old 05-12-2017 | 01:27 AM
apanossi
Banned

This continues to be a terrific event. I jumped at the chance of buying into the air cooled lot this year, because I had to park 10 minutes away last year! I think the parking was reasonable. There simply are too many interesting cars out there to include them in the venue. I think the air cooled lot was the compromise as a secondary viewing area for some amazing machines including a 964 speedster and some 2.7 RS's. even Jack Olsen parked his well documented RSR out there. To be honest, I don't have much of an attention span when it comes to these types of events (no knock on Pat, Howie, or Luft4), and if I had to wait until the crowd thinned so I can get my car out, then that would have sucked. I loved this event and will continue to go annually assuming it keeps going. As a photographer, this is a target rich environment 😛.

Quick Reply: (Un)Official Luftgekuhlt Picture Thread - LOAD UP THIS THREAD