Sponsored by:

Tarret Front Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tarret Front Install

For drop links do you guys leave one end disconnected on each side so that when the car is dropped to the ground and suspension loaded you can adjust link length and preload? Thank you.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:16 AM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

http://www.tarett.com/images/933%20R...%20Bar%20L.jpg

With these installed and torqued properly in the air, I don't see how you can spin the tubes to adjust length with the dogleg design. A straight tube yes, but these I don't see it. Anyone install these and make final adjustments with the car on the ground with suspension loaded?
Old 05-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Maxpowers2k
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having the same issue now, I will bring it to a local Porsche shop see what they do next week, since I don't even know how to properly position 964 links, and how long they should be, they seem to work in many different positions. But I think if you setup on one side to spec(which is the part that I don't know) and leave other side off, tighten it down, set the car down and the adjust the other side so it goes in freely into it's place, that would make both sides even.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the input. What I did is use a jack under the wheel carrier on one side and jack up until control arm was roughly level with ground. Then I made sway bar level and fit and tightened drop link on that side. My plan is to tighten and torque one of the drop link ball joints on the other side but leave the other end loose for final adjustment once car is on the ground.

Quick Reply: Tarret Front Install