Sponsored by:

BBS E87

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 07:29 AM
sm
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
I have e87s (17") on mine and love them.. size ratio seems to fit better than 18s. At least for my personal preference, but I also like the big obnoxious lips. :P
They were ordered direct from the motorsports division of BBS
Wheels look fantastic! What’s the width and offset?
Old 06-30-2019, 02:02 PM
964Lovac
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sm
Wheels look fantastic! What’s the width and offset?
Also interested and in the tire sizes.
I've been torn between 17 and 18 for a while now...
Old 07-01-2019, 08:52 PM
APEKS
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Butzi gear are crooks took my money now won’t return my phone calls. Buyer beware. Ordered a set of custom bbs e88s and now won’t return my calls.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:30 PM
sm
Drifting

Originally Posted by APEKS
Butzi gear are crooks took my money now won’t return my phone calls. Buyer beware. Ordered a set of custom bbs e88s and now won’t return my calls.
I was talking to them about building a set of wheels. How long ago did you make the deposit? What percent deposit did you have to put down?
Old 07-01-2019, 09:37 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

I know dave at butzigear- very well- i also know he gets crazy busy. And sometimes he doesn't take my call or call me back right away...because he is busy...but he is no crook. He's a very good guy.

So call us all flawed, but crook isn't the right word...just call him and tell him you are pissed. But he's a good guy, so work with him if the timing isn't happening for you. I'm sure there is an acceptable reason for his distance- maybe you were trying to get ahold of him while he was away...idk.

I would have no problem buying a set of wheels from him.
The following 2 users liked this post by Goughary:
9SIX4-C4 (07-01-2019), tonymission (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:17 AM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 106 Posts

I can speak to Daves reputation as well. I wouldn't worry about it. Custom builds of anything take time. I'm sure he'll reach out to you soon.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:23 AM
markmark26
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 294 Posts

Dave is a good guy, he built my e88s and everything went smooth, and wheels are awesome.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:46 AM
BUTZI996TT
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi guys, sorry it is late so I hope this comes out right! David - owner/operator of Butzi Gear here. I’m not happy or proud when situations like this arise, while few and far between, I do admit and take full responsibility for the fact that I have fallen short on communication at times when the shop/my life is nuts. While no excuse, many don’t know that I am a one-man, full-service shop serving clients locally, and worldwide. I have been doing my absolute best the past 6+ years to keep up with exponential growth and high demand hands-on in the shop and in the office.

Many here on Rennlist, in the North East and around the world entrust their cars, parts orders and their lives to me at my shop. I stand behind my work and I am truly grateful for the trust and business that this community brings to me and my shop. I have lots of love for this community and I live to serve you guys. I thank those that came forward on my behalf here today and I apologize for any slow communication on my part.

Amin and I have discussed his custom wheel order and the lines of communication are open. I will continue to do my best to serve this community with honesty and respect. I do the best that I can everyday, and I apologize for the times I have fallen short. With the addition of another member to my team at the shop next week I can assure you that I am doing everything I can to make communication with my clients better. Thank you in advance for your time and your understanding. Sorry for any confusion. If you need to reach me at the shop please call the shop 203-713-8089 AND email info@butzigear.com Cheers!
The following 6 users liked this post by BUTZI996TT:
964Luftballoon (07-09-2019), andy73 (07-03-2019), dsan (07-04-2019), dukmon (07-02-2019), mundo-kombi (12-27-2019), tonymission (07-02-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-04-2019, 09:26 AM
sm
Drifting

Originally Posted by BUTZI996TT
Hi guys, sorry it is late so I hope this comes out right! David - owner/operator of Butzi Gear here. I’m not happy or proud when situations like this arise, while few and far between, I do admit and take full responsibility for the fact that I have fallen short on communication at times when the shop/my life is nuts. While no excuse, many don’t know that I am a one-man, full-service shop serving clients locally, and worldwide. I have been doing my absolute best the past 6+ years to keep up with exponential growth and high demand hands-on in the shop and in the office.

Many here on Rennlist, in the North East and around the world entrust their cars, parts orders and their lives to me at my shop. I stand behind my work and I am truly grateful for the trust and business that this community brings to me and my shop. I have lots of love for this community and I live to serve you guys. I thank those that came forward on my behalf here today and I apologize for any slow communication on my part.

Amin and I have discussed his custom wheel order and the lines of communication are open. I will continue to do my best to serve this community with honesty and respect. I do the best that I can everyday, and I apologize for the times I have fallen short. With the addition of another member to my team at the shop next week I can assure you that I am doing everything I can to make communication with my clients better. Thank you in advance for your time and your understanding. Sorry for any confusion. If you need to reach me at the shop please call the shop 203-713-8089 AND email info@butzigear.com Cheers!
Best to you and happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2019, 12:10 PM
BUTZI996TT
Instructor

Originally Posted by sm
Best to you and happy 4th!
Thank you. Same to you and our fellow Rennlisters!
Old 04-15-2020, 09:59 PM
sm
Drifting

While doing some Pandemic Perusing on my favorite topic, cars, I noticed that the centers of the e87 (and e88 for that matter) sometimes sit "on top" of the wheel barrels, and other times they sit "into" the barrels which gives it a deep-lip look that I want. What's the minimum width of the outer wheel half that is required to allow the center to sit "into" the barrel?

Can a 9" wide wheel with a ET of ~55 have that center-"into"-the-barrel look?

Tonymission's picture as a reference - look at how the wheel centers sit for the front vs rear wheel:

Old 05-01-2020, 12:11 AM
BUTZI996TT
Instructor

Originally Posted by sm
While doing some Pandemic Perusing on my favorite topic, cars, I noticed that the centers of the e87 (and e88 for that matter) sometimes sit "on top" of the wheel barrels, and other times they sit "into" the barrels which gives it a deep-lip look that I want. What's the minimum width of the outer wheel half that is required to allow the center to sit "into" the barrel?

Can a 9" wide wheel with a ET of ~55 have that center-"into"-the-barrel look?

Tonymission's picture as a reference - look at how the wheel centers sit for the front vs rear wheel:

Most E87 & E88 wheel sets for Porsche are built with the center dropping into the out lip. While it is possible to build reverse mounted sets with the hardware bolting in towards the center of the car (vs outward like the ones you see above) it really depends on brake clearance needs, fitment / offset requirements and the parts available to build them.

Quick Reply: BBS E87