Sponsored by:

964 C2 3.8 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 08:57 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetdaddy
Looks Amazing. Can i ask a silly question? What do you do for a living? I have to scrape up $$ for a Rennline battery kit. Can’t imagine have the coin for a cost no object refresh! Also, I would look into the Rennline lower dash delete. Makes interior seem a little more spacious, and i’m sure your interior guy could clean it up under there when it’s removed. Looking good!!
Made some good investments ... this isn't one of them.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol... well not financially, but think of the joy and fun the process has been and then driving that beast around. You only live once. Someday you will take your last breath and some nurse will shut your mouth for the last time and its done.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieb4
Bare metal in progress ... single stage fashion gray (H61) going on the underside.
Rendition of car with HRE wheels.
Sunroof delete completed with Fenn Lane panel and Upol filler as recommended by Chris. Body shop couldn't believe how solid Upol was when dried. They had not used that product before.
I got lucky with a rust free car from California. Had two spots on the lower windshield under the gasket in the usual spots.
Exciting project. I also love the look of the raw bodywork. Has anyone ever seen this look preserved with perhaps just clear over it like this ?

I believe his is an aluminum body, but it just looks so elemental. Is it possible even?
Old 12-10-2017, 08:28 PM
salty87
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

So many goodies. Have you planned out the stereo, yet?...curious to see what you're looking at. Thx
Old 12-12-2017, 12:23 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by salty87

So many goodies. Have you planned out the stereo, yet?...curious to see what you're looking at. Thx
It will be the last to go in (obviously) although it has been pre-wired with high quality wire already.

* Alpine Bluetooth and cell.
* JL amp in front trunk mounted on circular and removable board inside of spare wheel/tire for light weight track time.
* Focal front speakers with cross over
* Focal 6 x 9 rears in custom rear valance ... rear valance will be easy removal (it's easy to remove already) so lightweight sliver knit carpet can be installed via Velcro loops for track configuration.
* Two 8 inch JL subs mounted in boxes in the rear foot well. Boxes will have quick release mechanisms for track duty config. They will be covered in the same lightwieght German sliver knit carpet.

Last edited by eddieb4; 12-12-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:54 AM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Lol.... second that but I consider mine something the grandkids may get 50% of the original investment back on...

Originally Posted by eddieb4
Made some good investments ... this isn't one of them.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:50 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car is looking great Ed! What duck is that? I'm looking at the stratton one and wanted to see how the fitment and side profile was.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:44 PM
GDOG8
Instructor

Who in Detroit is doing your interior?
Old 01-21-2018, 03:33 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GDOG8
Who in Detroit is doing your interior?
Classic9 interiors
Old 02-25-2018, 04:48 PM
GDOG8
Instructor

I was at Classic9 ( actually several times) recently, and can absolutley say that pictures do not do this color justice. It’s even better in the flesh! Just beautiful.

...I have heard the same about Scarlett Johansson.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:02 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Update ...

As I write this I'm having my own complete rebuild and the right amount of Alcantara is a tough call ... here's a description of what I'm having done.

* Headliner - 1 piece of Alcantara, including A & B pillars.
* Dash - vinyl with double contrast silver stitching around instruments.
* Top door trim - Alcantara with double contrast stitching.
* Door panels - leather with no stitching although may add some if it seems too plain.
* Lower rear inner panels - leather.
* Top of rear parcel shelf where speakers are - Alcantara.
* Lower portion of rear parcel shelf - leather with no stitching unless too plain.
* Center console trim - Alcantara

Rear interior trim and seats will be removable and RS style sliver knit carpet will reside under the rear quarters and lightweight carpet will be inserted over parcel shelf for lightweight look or in place of lightweight carpet for maximum weight reduction.
Custom cerakoted Heigo roll bar will pair with contrast silver stitched leather / Alcantara insert re-upholstered Pole Positions.

Goal with my build is to reconfigure between a 4 seater and lightweight 2 seater in an afternoon of work if so desired. To that end, I'm having a set of Recaro CS seats and rear seats matched at the same time to the Pole Position re-upholster job.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:35 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 246 Posts

Love this build... You'll be happy with Rod's leather skills - I had the interior of my 951 leathered up there.

Couple of comments on your design:
Why would you use vinyl on the dash? Don't worry about the potential for sun damage (if that is your concern) - there are some excellent protectants available & treated annually you won't have an issue.
I think the transition between alcantara on the door tops to vinyl/leather on the dash will look odd.
Alcantara on the center console will likely scuff / wear easily - I would recommend leather there with the shift boot and handbrake tray in alcantara.

Alternatively you could just go with alcantara for everything dash and above (headliner) and leather from the door tops down.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:03 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Love this build... You'll be happy with Rod's leather skills - I had the interior of my 951 leathered up there.

Couple of comments on your design:
Why would you use vinyl on the dash? Don't worry about the potential for sun damage (if that is your concern) - there are some excellent protectants available & treated annually you won't have an issue.
I think the transition between alcantara on the door tops to vinyl/leather on the dash will look odd.
Alcantara on the center console will likely scuff / wear easily - I would recommend leather there with the shift boot and handbrake tray in alcantara.

Alternatively you could just go with alcantara for everything dash and above (headliner) and leather from the door tops down.
Thanks ... I really appreciate the feedback. I will talk to Rod about it ... I have to say that I not a fan of Alcantara dashes. I also don't like too much Alcantara on the doors so I'm not sure that I will veer too much from the course other than leather on the dash instead of vinyl although I will consider it.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:47 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Pics of interior progress so far:

Alcantara Headliner and door trim (top piece)
Center console with Alcantara trim.
Mock up of leather dash with dual stitch.
Fashion Gray ... like it more everytime I see it.
Cerakoted backs of Pole Positions.
Cerakoted Lower Dash Delete.
Attached Images       

Last edited by eddieb4; 04-13-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:06 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Wow, you’re paying attention to every detail! I can’t wait to see the fully assembled product, it already looks epic just sitting there partially built.

Your Alcantara coverage is spot on, basically use it sparingly to enhance smaller pieces of trip and the headliner. I agree that vinyl (or leather) would look far better on the dash with some stitching to enhance the lines.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and progress.

Quick Reply: 964 C2 3.8 Build Thread