OT (a bit) - Porsche sales volumes

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 06:15 PM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OT (a bit) - Porsche sales volumes

Anyone know:

1. Roughly how many 964s were sold in the UK, and how many are likely to still be running

and

2. How many cars do Porsche sell each year in the UK - and what's the mix between models.

Approx figures are fine - I'm just trying to find out the general ball park! (I can't even guess whether it's hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands)

Thanks
Old 11-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

I have number from the 911 registry book, but I dare publich them given what we have hear the last few days on production numbers. I will dig it out if you like and Adrian does not beat me to it.

Second thought and added after I posted, I think mine are just broken down into USA and ROW.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:00 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've heard it said that 80% of Porsche built are still running. Don't know if that has any truth in it, though, it does seem very high.

Cheers
Old 11-10-2003, 05:46 AM
mattinmatsuyama
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

having just been to the porsche factory tour, the guide i had, said that about 80% of all porsches made are still running.
The factory tour was great, really informative and totally interesting. Had a great time looking at the whole process.
One interesting fact that blew me away was that EXcluding paint colour and interior colour there were 1.6 Billion possibilities to build your porsche to order. thats a lot of possibilities. . .
Cheers
Matthew

Quick Reply: OT (a bit) - Porsche sales volumes