Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My addiction story

Old 01-06-2017, 02:45 AM
ramonhasbun
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My addiction story

I began my automobile addiction as a child, hot wheels, remote control cars, Gran turismo, karts... then i became a young adult, started earning my keep, and as such, invested my hard earned cash and bought my first car, a real piece of work Civic, functional, not pretty, but it was mine. As i grew older so did my addiction, continually requiring a larger kick to get the long awaited high. So I continued up the Japanese car ladder, worked on my cars, gave them some performance mods with more love than money.
As luck would have it, my career progressed and as i obtained a larger cash flow, my addiction continued growing, so I moved up to german vehicles, BMWs as a start.
This long story of addiction has a happy ending. Over the last 12 months, i have been lucky enough to buy my dream car, the 964, triple black, 50k miles, mint interior, and all of the correct mods. Coilovers, cup 2 wheels, spacers, LWFW and a goldilocks sports exhaust (not too loud, not too quiet, just right) round out a solid package.
Thanks to the guys and girls in this forum for educating me for two long years while i looked wide and far to find the cure to my addiction... or maybe for getting me even more hopelessly hooked onto the Porsche addiction.
Attached Images    
Old 01-06-2017, 03:14 AM
cool whip
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful 964! Love the wheels! Congratulations!
Old 01-06-2017, 04:40 AM
n1ne11
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome amongs us (I should really do a presentation post one day...)

Nice 964! This black is stunning! Enjoy!
Old 01-06-2017, 09:30 AM
gsxr_fvr
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats, she's a beauty! Is that original paint? What's LWFW in your list of upgrades?
Old 01-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Welcome to our world of addiction. Our only problem is we don't want to be cured.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Very nice, that paint looks wet
Old 01-06-2017, 04:29 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxr_fvr
What's LWFW in your list of upgrades?
LWFW = Lightweight Flywheel

Originally Posted by n1ne11
Welcome amongs us (I should really do a presentation post one day...)!
Show us what you got.

Originally Posted by Gus
Welcome to our world of addiction. Our only problem is we don't want to be cured.
+1 So true.

You found that beauty in Costa Rica? Wow. It's hard enough to find a good one in the States, so I can't imagine your search. She's a keeper with nice mods.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:19 AM
ramonhasbun
AutoX

Originally Posted by cool whip
Beautiful 964! Love the wheels! Congratulations!
Thanks Cool! Theyre a good second best, first choice in my 964 book are the Cup 1s like yours.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:43 AM
ramonhasbun
AutoX

Thanks for all of the comments fellow addicts.

The paint is original, and its really looks good after 24 years! Its been garaged for most of its life, and it was recently detailed, and im really specific about washing and waxing it myself. Its got a few chips on the hood which i am not inclined to fix just yet.

My search for a 964 took me far from home, so I found this car in the US. In fact, I have not been able to import it to Costa Rica due to the ridiculous regulation and import tariffs. So unfortunately, I only get to see her every two months or so when I visit its florida Home. In Costa Rica I get my porsche fix with my daily driver, a 2007 cayman s, I'll post a story on that later. The mountainous geography makes for some amazing hill climbs!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:53 AM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Isn't there a Costa Rican Porsche club for many years? Are you saying there are no air cooled Porsches in the country or is there an age limit such as 30 years that would prohibit "newer" versions such as the 964 or 993 to enter Costa Rica?
Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 AM
ramonhasbun
AutoX

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Isn't there a Costa Rican Porsche club for many years? Are you saying there are no air cooled Porsches in the country or is there an age limit such as 30 years that would prohibit "newer" versions such as the 964 or 993 to enter Costa Rica?
There is a porsche club, and many air cooled cars, dont get me wrong, but import duties are around 73% of the value that the customs agent declares for your car, and that, is a risky proposition. They could easily say 20k or 40k depending on who you get as customs agent. Additionally, you will not get a bindng valuation until you bring the car into the country.
So, thinking about it responsibly, i'm not willing to take that level of financial Risk.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:46 PM
RADONCulous
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My addiction story