Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for RS rear wing

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 02:19 PM
jeff91C2T
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm....hey Tom. I'm looking for a 3.8RS wing for my 91 Turbo. Are you interested in selling this one?

If so, you can Email me at jeff.spaulding@paccar.com

Also, does anybody have experience with BetterBodies? They have a new RS wing for $659 while MASHAW has wing for $1100. Quite the price difference! Typically you get what you pay for so I wonder about the BB quality???
Old 11-05-2003, 02:39 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,

I don't know anything about these guys, but it looks like they've got a part that fits the bill: RSA wing and decklid.

planet9eleven

They're advertising some wheels through the Rennlist classifieds and I checked out their website. Perhaps someone has dealt with them and can chime in.

Sorry, Jeff, no experience with BB.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:33 PM
jeff91C2T
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Found out a few more details. BB sells the "top" portion only of the deck lid while it looks like what MASHAW sells is complete one piece wing that replaces the whole assembly.

My factory lid is actually the stock deck lid with a fixed wing section bolted on.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeff, I'm not thrilled with the quality of the 3.8 wing and the PO drilled some holes that were intended to support the use of the "racey" ring and pin set-up like on the front of race cars. Hoever, I would be happy to provide a few photos (and I would sell it cheap). Send me a PM or email with your email address and I'll send photos.

It looks like the shop has found a used RSA wing and decklid in Texas. I found a wing only in San Diego (thanks to a Rennlister) but if the photos look good will get the wing/lid and have it painted and installed. Of course, while I'm having it painted it will be easy to paint a few other spots ... I am not sliding down the slippery slope, I a not sliding down the slippery slope, I am not sliding down the slippery slope ... (it didn't help).
Old 11-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Cuppie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you go back to the original pop-up wing as your avatar? Leave it raised if the motor's gone.

Mel
Old 11-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mel,

The avatar is my 993.

I would like the additional downforce provided by the RSA wing (the 964 has a pretty aggresive front splitter for added downforce too). I'm trying to keep the cr reasonably balanced and in a reasonable class without spending a bundle.

Quick Reply: Looking for RS rear wing