Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-using blaupunkt amp power connection?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 08:40 PM
OMFS
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Re-using blaupunkt amp power connection?

So I've decided to eliminate the head unit in my dash for a cleaner look and will use the bluetooth enabled amp connected to speakers alone. Thank you fellow RLers for the idea. My question is: Can I re-use the power supply to my original blaupunkt amp for my new amp and avoid running a new power supply? Obviously the connection would be changed. Here is a link to the amp i'm using:
http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/Ima...530ST410DB.PDF

Soundstream ST4.1000DB
Old 11-30-2016, 09:21 PM
apanossi
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I too switched to a headless stereo system. I upgraded the amp to a tiny Kenwood. I used the existing power supply. I had to splice in a new connector since the Blaupunkt has an unusual right angle connector. However, you will need to figure out how you want to setup your on off switch. Otherwise, the amp will be on while the ignition is on. I ended up using a two channel JVC controller that someone had mentioned on the 993 forum. I'm also able to charge my iPhone while keeping a line-in direct to the amp.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:24 PM
OMFS
Racer

Originally Posted by apanossi
I too switched to a headless stereo system. I upgraded the amp to a tiny Kenwood. I used the existing power supply. I had to splice in a new connector since the Blaupunkt has an unusual right angle connector. However, you will need to figure out how you want to setup your on off switch. Otherwise, the amp will be on while the ignition is on. I ended up using a two channel JVC controller that someone had mentioned on the 993 forum. I'm also able to charge my iPhone while keeping a line-in direct to the amp.
Do you mean the amp would stay on all the time? Or only when the ignition is on? Do you have a link to the controller?
Old 11-30-2016, 10:31 PM
apanossi
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The power for the amp under the seat is activated by the ignition switch. If the car is off then the amp is off. The amp will still need a sense power switch, which is usually supplied by the head unit. My controller provides that switch, but I have to send the wire to the amp. I also get volume control with the two channel controller. Maybe someone with more experience with car stereos can chime in.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:50 PM
OMFS
Racer

Originally Posted by apanossi
The power for the amp under the seat is activated by the ignition switch. If the car is off then the amp is off. The amp will still need a sense power switch, which is usually supplied by the head unit. My controller provides that switch, but I have to send the wire to the amp. I also get volume control with the two channel controller. Maybe someone with more experience with car stereos can chime in.
I get it. Do you happen to have the model number for the 2 channel controller?
Old 11-30-2016, 10:58 PM
Johns Pcar
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this thing out. Probably what I will use to accomplish going headless...

http://www.outofsightaudio.com/
Old 11-30-2016, 11:23 PM
OMFS
Racer

Originally Posted by Johns Pcar
Check this thing out. Probably what I will use to accomplish going headless...

http://www.outofsightaudio.com/
Slick but all I need is a switched controller and I'm done. Need to find one.

Quick Reply: Re-using blaupunkt amp power connection?