Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A good friend plans to make a mistake.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 11:12 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The choice of his car does not have influence on the frienship.

I hope that I can help him [and you guys also]
to bring it to a decision what's best for him and one who is the most 'butterfly feeling' kind.

I feel bad for him if he should get a difficult time if his 964 is sold to a other person, and he wants it back......

I read a few weeks ago on this forum someone had the same kind of difficulty and kept the car. I don't now who that was anymore, but he was glad he did'nt sold it.

Nice weekend you all, and especially for the guys who are in California near the wild fires. Guys, good luck!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:14 PM
the 964 KID
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Arjan,

for me, I know I would regret it, but I guess some people have to get things out of their system. For some others, a 964 might be what they have to get out of their system, but sometimes change is good - it'll make a person not take something for granted (like how special a feeling you get when driving down the road in a 964). And, like what was already said, he can always get another Porsche in a year or two, if he still longs for the 964 experience.

Ken.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Syd B.
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 339 Posts

Arjan, I purchased a G35 last year and it is a wonderful car. Its 280 hp fast, handles great, looks great, smells great. At the risk of offending all BMW owners, I think its a better car than the 3 series. After a few months of "new car excitement", however, I found myself moving it to the side each morning, so that I could back my 12 year old C2 out of the garage and drive to work. The Infiniti, MotorTrend's "Car of the Year," just doesn't compare. This is not to say that your friend would feel the same, but I can't imagine not having the Porsche, quirks and all.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yes, It is a wunderfull car, I agree. I saw a lot of them in September when I was in California.

I visited also a Infiniti dealer and looked also for the FX35/45.
It's a great network and highly qualified dealer netwok with awesome cars.

Don't understand me wrong, I like the car also very much, but I think the fun is over in a few years. That's what I am afraid for.

I owned a few fast and nice cars, BMW, Audi Quattro A4, there were very nice in the beginning but after a year the fun was over......

Quick Reply: A good friend plans to make a mistake.......