Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bushing upgrade - which way should i go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:06 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

"match the negative camber to the driving style and the other components in the suspension"

^ That's the key! Set the camber to your tires. With my c4 setup, I'm at neg 1.7/2.0 F/R. On re71r tires for autocross, the fronts roll over slightly and the rears are wearing evenly. On much less sticky every day tires, the insides of the fronts are getting worn and the rears are still even. I wouldn't run less than -2.0 on the street. Remember, you give up some straight line braking grip with increased camber. I like stock rear toe and half of the stock front toe settings. Keeps the car steady at higher speeds but still responds well. Always max out the caster.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:27 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 81 Posts

hi Guys,
just for clarrification:

I`ve nearly always sticky tires on this car. I`ve set PS2, which are just use in the early spring and late autom days for hibernation issues... during the season, i`ve a set Michelin Cup2 at the car (not the stickiest tyre out there, but ok for my trackday usage).

I got new numbers from a buddy who drives a RS - NGT at the track.

F: camber 2° 45' > toe 10' > caster > max
R: camber 2° 40' > toe 20'

i guess, i`ll start with some number in this region... perhaps 10' less camber...

I`m quite excited, how the car will handle and the feedback/involvement will be, after the full unibal upgrade :-)

regards from germany

thilo
Old 10-19-2017, 03:24 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 81 Posts

as an add on, i bought the elefant bump-steer correction tie rods.
I am in the middle of a de-servo job... I bought a spare steering rack and do a manual conversion... as a final piece, i will use the elefant tie rods to have a full elimination of rubber in my suspension done... :-)

Quick Reply: bushing upgrade - which way should i go?