SCE Coil Springs?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 05:42 PM
PMMatthews
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCE Coil Springs?????

Help needed, please!

I just bought on Ebay a set of 964 coil springs, front and rear, which the seller had advertised as standard.

They are in great condition and had been swapped off to be replaced by lowering springs - not something I'm looking to do. I just want to swap off my OEM springs, which are now old and rusty, at the same time as updating my shocks.

They have the brand name "SCE" on them, bear the legend "Made in Germany" and carry part numbers 21-964-101 (front springs) and 21-964-201 (rear). They are painted black, and have no other markings.

I thought it would be easy to confirm the spring rates are correct via the web, but I'm struggling to even identify the manufacturer!! The seller was told they were standard by his workshop after they'd been replaced, but doesn't know any more than that - they were fitted to his car when he bought it.

Is anyone able to tell me who these were made by, please, and point me to their website? I'd also welcome any views on whether their performance matches the high quality of their finish.

Thank you!
Old 09-18-2016, 04:51 PM
PMMatthews
Track Day

The seller has given me some more information, suggesting these springs were supplied by Designtek. I've emailed them to see if they can confirm this and will post a further update if/when I hear from them.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:23 PM
PMMatthews
Track Day

It doesn't seem that Designtek / Design 911 are willing or able to help me on this one. Has anyone out there who has bought or installed Designtek springs any paperwork, or the ability to check the springs themselves, to if they bear the SCE brand, please?

Failing that, does anyone have any idea of how I could get the spring rates and dimensions verified against the OEM specifications? I'm based in London.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: SCE Coil Springs?????