Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Porsche 964 (European Car Mag)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:46 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts
Default Project Porsche 964 (European Car Mag)

This will be fun to watch. Pretty funny experience at the DMW...

The process of buying myself a 964 began four years ago. I went for a test drive and missed out on my new car's near twin because the shop I'd booked for a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) scheduled me later in the week, allowing time for another buyer to swoop in and offer cash with no PPI. That car was gone, and I spent the next four years off and on searching for a very particular spec car. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one searching for a clean manual transmission 964 Carrera 2. It seems the fire, at least in regards to 964 pricing, had begun long before I arrived in Virginia.

A lot happened during the past four years. Singer happened. Rauh Welt happened. Magnus Walker happened. The 964 became a popular choice for the stance and tuning scene, while countless guys my age who also fantasized about these cars back in school began earmarking newly found disposable income for cars just like this one. As a result, the market price of my target spec 964 nearly doubled during that time. Consider the pricing of certain car dealers in major markets hording these cars, and you might even assume they'd tripled in value...

http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/1608-project-porsche-964-introduction/
Old 09-07-2016, 09:01 PM
paa502
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good read; I like the more reasonable modification game-plan. Agree, it will be interesting to follow the progress.

Quick Reply: Project Porsche 964 (European Car Mag)