Upholstery Color Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Joe Rose
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upholstery Color Question

The previous owner of my '92 C2 Targa must have had front seat covers replaced sometime during his ownership including, perhaps, the padding underneath. I'm fairly sure the car originally had either full or partial leather front seats judging from what appears to be leather in the jump seat area. I'm about to send to World Upholstery for new leather seat coverings and padding for the front but I'm not sure what the original interior color really was. The sticker from under the hood is gone, but the sticker inside the "maintenance manual" indicates TS as the interior. From what I have learned, this is not a color, but simply an interior option code. Looking at the jump seat area, my guess is that the original color was either linen, parchment, white or raspberry, but I cannot tell for sure when looking at online color samples. Is there a place I can go where giving my vin will provide me with original interior color information?
Old 08-01-2016, 12:52 PM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I needed a new shift boot Alan Gunn in Florida sent me samples. I also have the code TS. After much research and looking at the leather sample I have concluded I am raspberry grey. Although it looks white/linen. Under certain light, my black 91' targa seats do show a hint of pink in the leather. You may have the same thing. Name:  photo939.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  2.20 MB
GAAH sent me a sample they call raspberry for seat covers. Have them send you the sample.

Quick Reply: Upholstery Color Question