Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

custom exhaust playtime

Old 09-27-2018, 05:01 PM
jonathant
User

Nice work Nick. How is the non-stainless Flowmaster holding up?
Old 09-27-2018, 08:55 PM
-nick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Still holding up fine! And it had a very salty winter

Edit- The diverter valve however required some r&r. The valve was sticking and after popping off the end caps I found that it uses some kind of steel wool looking material around the valve bearings. The steel had partially disintegrated and was a crusty mess. After pulling that out and packing the space with a high-temp grease, the valve worked great again.

Last edited by -nick; 09-28-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:45 AM
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think it sounds quite impressive, a nice deep growl but i can still also hear that 964 beautiful engine sound. Nice work
Old 09-28-2018, 11:05 AM
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have been using a dansk 100 cell cat with the magnaflow 14149 and swans neck. Car screams and I can't tell you how many people give it a thumbs up. Quite loud but no drone inside at all and not overly loud inside. As noted it has become louder over time.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:45 PM
-nick
Addict
Rennlist Member

I haven't had any issues with drone inside the cabin for any of the iterations- 2nd outlet open or closed. Overall volume is what I'm trying to cut. I don't need everyone in the neighborhood to hear me drive by.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:35 AM
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

The nice thing about my setup is so long as you aren't on the gas hard it is relatively quiet.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:42 PM
G50911
User

i did the gt3rs exhaust for my 71 hotrod project. itís got a 3.6 transplanted from a 92 964. i routed the exhaust to the lower pipes which is pretty much straight pipes and itís LOUD. going to try and configure something to include a manual butterfly valve but not sure itís gonna work. not much room with short secondaries.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:54 PM
fasterlaster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by G50911 View Post
i did the gt3rs exhaust for my 71 hotrod project. itís got a 3.6 transplanted from a 92 964. i routed the exhaust to the lower pipes which is pretty much straight pipes and itís LOUD. going to try and configure something to include a manual butterfly valve but not sure itís gonna work. not much room with short secondaries.

The blacked out fan and shroud really look good with this build setup. any reason you didn't continue the theme on the valve covers?
Old 10-09-2018, 03:02 PM
G50911
User

Originally Posted by fasterlaster View Post
The blacked out fan and shroud really look good with this build setup. any reason you didn't continue the theme on the valve covers?
no real reason other than was going to do it after my next valve adjustment. my friend does cerakoting so i can do it anytime.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:16 AM
Dingo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Totally agree on the black fan. Looks mean! Wish I thought of it when I had mine out.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Carlo Mo
New User

Talking questions.

Hi there.

Not a Porsche owner, just a big Porsche fan and humble VW Golf owner

I am planning to do the same primary muffler and secondary muffer thing that you did. And as you said ... I dont wanth the hole naighborhood hearing me pass by... thats why i want to keep the OEM muffler and install a remus exhasut with the same set up that you have . Of corse I want it to be louder but not to much.

So I have a question for you. When you are using the secondary muffler (valve open) can you tell the difference between the primary and secondary muffler, or you hear 50% primary muffler and 50% secondary muffler.

Thaks

Old 12-12-2018, 02:39 PM
-nick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Carlo- good question. The answer is ďnot to my ears.Ē The exhaust note doesnít sound different standing on one side of the car versus the other. If you put your ear right up to each tailpipe, then I would expect there is a difference. I tend not to stick my ear in the exhaust too often

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: custom exhaust playtime

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: