Sponsored by:

C4 center console delete

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 12:25 PM
apanossi
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default C4 center console delete

I recently started deleting the lower dash and center console on my C4. I had forgotten that the accelerometers live on top of the tunnel. For those who have successfully deleted the center console on their C4, can you provide details and pics?

Old 07-05-2016, 11:33 AM
apanossi
Banned

bump
Old 07-06-2016, 11:27 AM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I believe that the C2 has its single accelerometer in the same place. Along with the turn signal flasher relay. Singer has obviously found a new place to put it. There are few details from any one else who has deleted the parts in that area. There are some brackets that are spot welded to the tunnel under there also.

I'm interested to see what you come up with. I love the open tunnel style in the early cars.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:53 AM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd think if you removed your stereo that would be a great place to relocate them or under the passenger seat.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:24 PM
apanossi
Banned

There appears to be 2 metal brackets spot welded to the tunnel. I haven't decided what to do with those and the plate of sensors/relays in the middle. I might just leave them there and exposed. Alternatively, I may have to fabricate a type of shell to cover the area. The plan is to get a raw, stripped out interior look. I am deleting the radio, so there may be an opportunity to mount the accelerometers there, but I imagine they need to be mounted to a secure surface such as the body shell. I'm not sure how to get a stable horizontal surface in the dash area that wouldn't bounce. Chock this up as another potential disadvantage of a C4. Then again, this may be an opportunity to get creative.

Quick Reply: C4 center console delete