Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install Audette JW Speaker LED Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 06:12 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone install Audette JW Speaker LED Headlights?

Looking for any tips, or input on the install experience.

Thank you
Old 05-28-2016, 11:47 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Pro

No one done these yet? Mine are on........but not correctly. Headlight ring WILL NOT snap over headlight bucket lip, so they aren't as secure as they should be. I think they look good, and they certainly light up well, but they are useless if they don't fit. By the way, these are the black-out version. Powder coated rings, inner housings, and black JW Speaker assemblies. Makes for a nice stealthy look.......................just wish I could get them on correctly!

JW Speaker-1 by HKnut, on Flickr

JW Speaker-2 by HKnut, on Flickr

JW Speaker-3 by HKnut, on Flickr
Old 05-29-2016, 01:03 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok gents...first start by taping (painters tape is fine)the area around the headlights...to prevent scratches. Then remove your whole assembly. Test fit the new headlight ...if they don't snap in as normal. Make a mark on the lip where they don't seem to go around. Then take small channel locks and gently(or slightly) bend the area on the lip inward(where the ring is having a hard time snapping in). Take your time doing this...it will snap in nice and tight...yes I installed the lights.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:03 AM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Can you tell me which model headlight you ordered, and the cost. Are they plug & play into the original wiring harness. How do they compare to stock headlights,
Thanks
Old 05-29-2016, 11:38 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Please post some night time shots against a wall for the light cutoff
Old 05-29-2016, 12:42 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Here's Jonh's journey http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...5-89-911s.html

His site http://www.audettecollection.com
Old 05-29-2016, 09:25 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Pro

Originally Posted by speednme
Ok gents...first start by taping (painters tape is fine)the area around the headlights...to prevent scratches. Then remove your whole assembly. Test fit the new headlight ...if they don't snap in as normal. Make a mark on the lip where they don't seem to go around. Then take small channel locks and gently(or slightly) bend the area on the lip inward(where the ring is having a hard time snapping in). Take your time doing this...it will snap in nice and tight...yes I installed the lights.

Thanks Rey. So if I am understanding correctly, you are saying to take the lip and bend it back into the bucket ever so slightly to essentially reduce the outside diameter of the headlight bucket lip? Hope that works. I am excited about these lights. They are bright!

I'll take a shot against a wall after final fitment and alignment.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Pro

By the way, I think some lowering, black wheels, aero mirrors, and a rennline splitter will set this car off nicely! If I don't end up liking the blackout look, I have also considered going gold wheels with gold aero mirrors for some contrast. Baby steps first....
Old 05-30-2016, 12:07 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschenut_Lee
Thanks Rey. So if I am understanding correctly, you are saying to take the lip and bend it back into the bucket ever so slightly to essentially reduce the outside diameter of the headlight bucket lip? Hope that works. I am excited about these lights. They are bright!

I'll take a shot against a wall after final fitment and alignment.
Yes sir.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:26 PM
cool whip
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porschenut_Lee
By the way, I think some lowering, black wheels, aero mirrors, and a rennline splitter will set this car off nicely! If I don't end up liking the blackout look, I have also considered going gold wheels with gold aero mirrors for some contrast. Baby steps first....

Beautiful car! I really like some of the changes, subtle without altering the car dramatically. The wheels look very nice silver.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:33 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Its too bad these LED headlight makers aren't making a single eyeball in the center of the lens that can produce High/Low beams or make it look similar to the 991 style with the light in the upper portion but a reflector light on the bottom half. In my opinion the top/bottom eye ball look is strange, then what are the little lights to the left and right side, some kind of DRL???

The Flat Six Illumination - Singer style is still the most classic looking design with todays technology.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Pro

Originally Posted by cool whip
Beautiful car! I really like some of the changes, subtle without altering the car dramatically. The wheels look very nice silver.
Thanks cool whip. It's getting there!
Old 05-30-2016, 05:06 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Pro

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
Its too bad these LED headlight makers aren't making a single eyeball in the center of the lens that can produce High/Low beams or make it look similar to the 991 style with the light in the upper portion but a reflector light on the bottom half. In my opinion the top/bottom eye ball look is strange, then what are the little lights to the left and right side, some kind of DRL???

The Flat Six Illumination - Singer style is still the most classic looking design with todays technology.
This was my struggle also. I like the single center eyeball, but those are only available with HID lights at the moment which aren't plug and play like these. John was looking at offering the Pilot Nolden LED which I liked better, but size of the assembly was an issue. I went with blackout version because it is more difficult to see the small lights to the left and right when lights are off.

Quick Reply: Anyone install Audette JW Speaker LED Headlights?