Sponsored by:

Aero/Teardrop Mirror Install - Wiring & Tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 10:13 AM
MTR
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Runner4fun
So, what do you do with the 2 extra purple wires for the integrated temp sensor on the passenger side aero mirror? I'm guessing that I probably just do nothing with them, as my mirrors are going on a 1983 SC coupe (which never heard of an integrated temp sensor). But if there is some trick way to use them on my old SC, I'd love to know. thanks for any suggestions (I hope there are some replies). Thanks
I just taped them up and left them.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:43 AM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

one of the first things i plan on doing if i get a 964 without them
Old 02-13-2018, 12:23 PM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by onceover
Personally I de-pinned the connectors, pulled the wiring through and re-pinned it using the OEM connectors again. Feels like taking a shortcut cutting all the wires off.
+1. I'd do it without those bullet connectors. Don't like them (personal thing that no one but the installer, and us now, will know)
Old 02-25-2018, 11:45 AM
kricci
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

Any one have pics of all the actual parts received from Pelican... i am looking at mine currently, and it matches the pics online, but following that illustration, i don't see enough bolts included to do this without reusing ones from the flag mirrors, which if purchasing a full kit, shouldn't be the case i would imagine...

Last edited by kricci; 02-25-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:28 PM
964Lovac
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by onceover
Door card removal is not necessary.

Personally I de-pinned the connectors, pulled the wiring through and re-pinned it using the OEM connectors again. Feels like taking a shortcut cutting all the wires off.

Chances of a motor not working are quite slim. I wouldn't be too worried when buying a set off eBay. Thats where I got mine and havent had any issues. Just make sure theyre the correct bases (Not for a 944)
Finally got a set of aero mirrors for my 964.
The mirrors came with the round connectors and I'd like to keep it as OE as possible. I've seen that the female version of the plug (on the car) needs to be 964 612 516 00
How did you wire to them? Was it as simple as cutting on the car side and feeding the wires through to the plug? Sorry if this sounds amateurish, but just trying to get an idea of what exactly I need to do.
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-2020, 05:05 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 113 Posts

If you look for pictures online, like used Porsche parts sites, (LA Dismantler) or (eBay) for references on the wiring and pin placement in the connector. mine was the round connector whoit with red center style. The easiest way is to bay the mirror with the right connector. stay away from mirrors that have the cut wire harness, you can also find the connector on the PET, very inexpensive if the connector is missing. That's what I did in the past with success.

Good luck
Helio
Old 05-14-2020, 07:14 PM
964Lovac
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by heliolps2
If you look for pictures online, like used Porsche parts sites, (LA Dismantler) or (eBay) for references on the wiring and pin placement in the connector. mine was the round connector whoit with red center style. The easiest way is to bay the mirror with the right connector. stay away from mirrors that have the cut wire harness, you can also find the connector on the PET, very inexpensive if the connector is missing. That's what I did in the past with success.

Good luck
Helio
hi Helio. Thanks for this! Thankfully the ones I bought already came with the round plug. I just was unsure how to set up the car side with a matching plug!
Old 04-20-2022, 05:28 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 261 Posts

I've got a lot of detail on this, including the dreaded spring compression assembly, here http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...periences.html

Quick Reply: Aero/Teardrop Mirror Install - Wiring & Tips