Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New chip, clutch and launching issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

I also have 18 inch wheels, but the speedo seems to correlate with G-Tech pretty close. I always back out right at 61 or 62 and I can see the time freeze on G-Tech right about when I cross 60.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Page 120 under the 911 C2 graph it has 3rd gear going going beyond 100 mph and closer to the 170 kph than 160 kph mark.

One other thing that may make a difference is I am shifting sometimes around 6,900 and 7k, but the tach may also be off??? I think I did hit rev limiter once at about 7,100. Things hgappen pretty quickly and I don't really study it.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by johnfm
Jim

its a graph - its in 'maths' not german!! Really, its just an RPM vs KM/hr plot for each gear.
Thats me buggered then. I knew I should have paid attention in school!
Old 10-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Christer:

As far as Ruf is concerned, I pretty much have to go back to what records I have with the car (about 2 inches thick). Someone took my engine completely apart and polished, poweder coated and etc. a lot of my engine and what all was done internally during this dissambly is not fully known. My wrench was pretty impressed by the amount of engine work and time someone spent back there, but he did n't elaborate and I p[robably would not understand. There was about 15k spent in the engine area, but the invoices for the work is cryptic. They may have balanced and blue printed and etc. at that time, but I have no way of knowing.

I have a Ruf suspension, Ruf chip, I was told Ruf stage I tuning, intake, and it did have an exhaust by pass when I purchased. Not sure if the heat exchangers are stock as they were removed and everything was powder coated and polished under the car.

I have emails between one of the original owners and Ruf discussing suspension and power improvements. Initially, they were going to add the Ruf turbo charger package, but I believe the price was like $ 25,000 and it appears the owner decided otherwise and opted for tamer improvements. There was also duscissions about reliability as the owner used this car as a daily driver back then.

I believe it is had an oil coiler added or replaced at one point with ducting up front for this. It has Ruf guages and badges. I added up the receipts one night to about 30k all total, but that includes alarm system, rims, 993 top and etc. I am probably missing a lot of other invoices to for work done over the years. I did see one for flywheel and distributor modifcation. Not a Ruf serial number though. Just seem like owner added what he could when he could back when the car was new.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:45 PM
dove
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jim Howley
Thats me buggered then. I knew I should have paid attention in school!
Jim, Hows about a full pic of your car,those split rims look pretty special.

Paul

C2 cab
Old 10-20-2003, 05:57 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by dove
Jim, Hows about a full pic of your car,those split rims look pretty special.

Paul

C2 cab
Paul,

As requested...

If you follow the p-car link you'll find a few more.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:31 PM
dove
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jim Howley
Paul,

As requested...

If you follow the p-car link you'll find a few more.
Nice Jim, those supercup splitrims are a bit special.

Paul
C2 cab
Old 10-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by dove
Nice Jim, those supercup splitrims are a bit special.
To be honest I think they make the car.

I have however heard a few negative reports about them. One of the front ones developed a crack in the rim for no apparent reason. It was not a place where I had curbed the wheel in any way, it just appeared. Whilst I was shopping around for a new one I was told by a few suppliers that they had experienced problems with them and that they were too soft. Not sure if there is any truth to that, I put the crack down to a manufacturing glitch, imperfection in the metal or something similar.

Quick Reply: New chip, clutch and launching issues