Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 04:57 AM
Sire
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ha,
I've got 2 questions:
1 how far are you with your build
2 saw your movie about the GT3 exhaust and the changes you wanne do, I was wondering how far you are with it. Because im on the same point of installing I ordered an compleet system with FVD but I stil have the GT3 Exhaust lying around.

Regards,
Marco van Kleef
Old 03-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Vancleef
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Sire,

I've had some setbacks with some electrical issues and the heavy rains this year in California, but I'm finally getting some projects back together. I'm currently redoing my door weather barriers because I had a leak that ruined the interior carpet, and door cards. Not a big issue because it was all going to be replaced. I have some magna flow high flow cats coming in next week as well. New foam/vinyl sound deadening to replace the water soaked carpet in the car. Some talbot mirrors have arrived, but they are too small, and I'm working on getting them exchanged for the bigger model.

List goes:
-Door weather barriers(They seal out water, but also help sound deaden the doors. They behave like heat wrap. Once in place you use a heat gun to contour it to the door shape)
-Under carpet sound deadening/insulation
-talbot mirrors
-rear interior
-interior carpet
-exhaust( Will look similar to the Akrapovic design below) The reason the exhaust needs to be redone is for california smog, but also to fit the rear bumper better. Currently it sits about 1-2in too low, and 1 in too far out. It is also very loud. I have to basically yell at my GF in the car when cruising at 80mph on the freeway. Not fun when this car is used for long trips, or daily driver.

Parts recently complete:
-New distributor caps & rotors
-Battery replaced under warranty due to electrical issues with the car
-Rear bumper work for wide body(I cut the old reflector mounting top off and bonded it to the rear bumper for a Singer look).
-Rear fender/bumper reinforcement metal piece has been custom made from old piece.
In regards to the exhaust I'm redoing the whole thing. I'll be chopping the headers up and reshaping them to fit into the cat then into the muffler's lower port(or upper port if its too loud).

Old 03-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Sire
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Its good to see that your stil building and those headers look very good, I hope that the new setup makes it less hard to drive and talk. I got an convertible and i like some noice but not to much. So keep up the good work and I hope I learn from it.

BTW I think the mirrors looks good.

Mine build is taking now 4 years, have traded the GT3 engine for an 993 engine to make quicker progress. Yesterday I had an appointment with the mechanic and we have planned the next steps, when the (i think you say) front swaybar has arrived, the front setup then is going to be installed. Im doing the conversion of an WTL with the original Porsche parts.
After that its going to get the repaint.

Regards
Marco

Quick Reply: Widebody C4 Build