RUF C4 Stabilizer Kit vs. other swaybar solutions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 09:06 AM
PlojBravo
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Default RUF C4 Stabilizer Kit vs. other swaybar solutions

Hi,
I own an 1990 964 Carrera 4, when I bought it last year it came upgraded with a set of Bilstein dampers & H&R Springs. I have during the winter upgraded it with a set of RUF Speedline 17” wheels and a front shock tower brace.

I've been reading alot about people who recommend changing swaybars on the C4, to minimize understeer and get a more agile car.
From most what I've read it is supposed to be a nice upgrade to just change the rear swaybar to a 21mm and keep the original in the front.
But then i've seen that RUF offer a "Stabilizer Kit" with swaybars developed for the C4 and I have to say that looks interesting. But there isn't much info about the kit. http://ruf-automobile.de/en/shop/car...isator-kit-c4/

But then again, I will mostly use my 964 C4 as a roadcar during the summertime and just some occasional track event visits in between. So maybe the original factory setup will suit my use best anyways?

What's your guys take on it? I don't know so much about these things, i'm just interested in making my 964 as sweet handling as possible.

Regards Rikard

Last edited by PlojBravo; 04-12-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:58 AM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 449 Likes on 255 Posts

You should read through the suspension madness thread here: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...n-madness.html

They went with H&R swaybars front (24mm) and rear (26mm)
Old 04-12-2016, 03:10 PM
PlojBravo
Track Day

Originally Posted by spartansix
You should read through the suspension madness thread here: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...n-madness.html

They went with H&R swaybars front (24mm) and rear (26mm)
Ah, thanks mate! New to this forum Will start my quest there!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:43 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 372 Posts

That's the same kit I have on my car. I think it was done in the late '90s. It works well in conjunction with Bilstein HD, but you do wonder if technology has improved since then and more recent options are better value.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:29 AM
mrmandmman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John McM
That's the same kit I have on my car. I think it was done in the late '90s. It works well in conjunction with Bilstein HD, but you do wonder if technology has improved since then and more recent options are better value.
I have just the rear RUF bar. Seemed to reduce the understeer.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:34 AM
kokolyia
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I recommend just getting Bilstein PSS10 coil overs. I daily drive my car and they're perfect. Combine that with some 225/45/17 front tires and 255/40/17 inch rears and you'll be golden. The Bilsteins are also adjustable.

P.S. Pictures please!!!
Old 04-14-2016, 04:56 AM
PlojBravo
Track Day

Originally Posted by kokolyia
I recommend just getting Bilstein PSS10 coil overs. I daily drive my car and they're perfect. Combine that with some 225/45/17 front tires and 255/40/17 inch rears and you'll be golden. The Bilsteins are also adjustable.

P.S. Pictures please!!!
Hehe thanks for the tip, i'm not sure which Bilstein damper my car is on right now, don't belive it's the PSS10 though, but that setup will have to do for now. Atleast I will run on the tire dimensions you've suggested on my new 17" RUF rims, Michelin PS2!
So guess I will start with that and see how it goes. The car came with a set of 18" and worn out tires, the set didn't really match the car I think. Looked good, but the ride felt to harsh and it was like the rims didn't fit the car (rubbed etc.).
So just the new wheel set-up I guess will be sort of like step 1 then. But just considering changing the swaybar setup, which seems like not a too expensive way to further improve the handling of the car. Just that I dont know anything about it haha. Just hearing if there was some golden set-up so to speak. But yeah, might consider a thicker rear swaybar then, but see how she runs first...

The car is soon to be sent to the paint shop, see if I can't upload some pics later on when paint is done and the new wheels & tires are mounted.

Quick Reply: RUF C4 Stabilizer Kit vs. other swaybar solutions