Sponsored by:

looking for a passenger exterior door handle

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 05:34 AM
FlatNasty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a passenger exterior door handle

Does anyone have a 964 exterior door handle for the passenger side they would be willing to sell?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2016, 10:32 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Not sure if this sale is still going on but Sierra Madre Collection had them on sale for $65 each new with keys the other day. $170 for a set with matching keys used.

sierramadrecollection.com

Might have to call and inquire.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:39 AM
retroPat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a my old set.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:22 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Not sure if this sale is still going on but Sierra Madre Collection had them on sale for $65 each new with keys the other day. $170 for a set with matching keys used.

sierramadrecollection.com

Might have to call and inquire.
How's Sierra Madre to deal with? I am tempted to pick those up but I've read mixed reviews. I am looking for a complete lock set (both doors and ignition) and Sunset quoted me a little over $1K. Problem is ignition lock is high $$, so I wouldn't mind saving a few $ by going used.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:41 AM
FlatNasty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, thank you guys! I ended up tracking down a set of 993 handles to use
Old 04-05-2016, 08:55 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LPMM
How's Sierra Madre to deal with? I am tempted to pick those up but I've read mixed reviews. I am looking for a complete lock set (both doors and ignition) and Sunset quoted me a little over $1K. Problem is ignition lock is high $$, so I wouldn't mind saving a few $ by going used.
I have never had any issues and know a lot of people who use them. The ignition key is the huge expense. You are probably better off buying handles and have them rekeyed to work with your ignition key. It is easy enough to do for a good locksmith if you have them out of the car already.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:22 PM
LPMM
Drifting

I have never had any issues and know a lot of people who use them. The ignition key is the huge expense. You are probably better off buying handles and have them rekeyed to work with your ignition key. It is easy enough to do for a good locksmith if you have them out of the car already.
10-4 on Sierra Madre... My ignition lock needs replacing, my issue is that I can take the key out with the engine running, not a good thing. Also, I suspect that someone may have tried to break in at some point because the door locks are messed up and need replacing as well.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

How's Sierra Madre to deal with?
I've had nothing but good experiences with SM.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:29 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

10-4 on Sierra Madre... My ignition lock needs replacing, my issue is that I can take the key out with the engine running, not a good thing. Also, I suspect that someone may have tried to break in at some point because the door locks are messed up and need replacing as well.
There are two parts to the ignition switch. The main body which houses the key and the locking mechanism which is quite costly and then there is the actual switch which is mounted to the back of the locking mechanism. It can be purchased as a complete unit or switch alone.

Sounds like it might just be the switch. I am actually going to attack this one myself within the next week or two. My key works but there is a cut off when you use the starter it disengages the headlights, blowers, AWD electro hydraulic brake pump and any high draw items. when you release the key these items should trigger again but occasionally my brake pump does not which makes for a scary scenario on track at speed. The switch is around $100. There is a square box you have to remove and should be able to access the switch. It has two screws. Once removed you can see if it is this vs the entire locking key mechanism.

GL
Old 04-05-2016, 03:45 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Sounds like it might just be the switch. [...] There is a square box you have to remove and should be able to access the switch. It has two screws. Once removed you can see if it is this vs the entire locking key mechanism.
How do you tell, meaning what kind of test do you do to determine which one is faulty? My key works, the lock just looks a little suspicious and I can remove the key while driving with no ill effect. Found that out when it fell on the floor one time while on the freeway.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:00 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

How do you tell, meaning what kind of test do you do to determine which one is faulty? My key works, the lock just looks a little suspicious and I can remove the key while driving with no ill effect. Found that out when it fell on the floor one time while on the freeway.
Sounds like that would be a problem. Have you tried any of the dismantlers like DC automotive or LA? They might have a used set. You will need the break away bolts for the steering column lock.

Quick Reply: looking for a passenger exterior door handle