Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

I will be there
Old 04-17-2017, 04:12 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

Hey dsan,

I am just now seeing this thread. I'm a Maryland 964 guy too. I'm south of Baltimore & north of Annapolis.

I am taking my 964 Turbo up on Saturday morning. But I am also part of the Chesapeake Region PCA, so we are meeting at the New Freedom Restaurant & Coffee shop, up on Rt83 north (just north of Baltimore), at 7am. As with ANY drive that our club does, we make it mandatory that if you drive with our club as a group, that we sign the waiver to alleviate the club from any liability.

So if you wanted info on that (or to JOIN our Chesapeake Region!! :-),... you can go to this site & read our Porsche Patter...
It's a GREAT crew of fun people too btw, and well worth the membership to gain access to all the great drives & social events Chesapeake holds!
.... go to page 11 to see the details...

https://issuu.com/michaelmurphy2/doc...ril-2017-large

I am also trying to gather up some local Porsche's that may meet {very early} at the commuter park & ride at the Rt97, Veterans Hwy / Benfield Road intersection (behind the Exxon & Dunkin Donuts), and then cruise up together to the New Freedom Coffee shop & meet up with PCA CHS crew.

I'm also planning to meet up with some NJ 964 buddies too (once I get up to Hershey). I have not been to Hershey swap in a LOT of years, so I'm not familiar with where they are "directing" folks to park in the Porsche-only lot (heard it's $20 to park there though). So once I get close to the park that morning, I'll probably just be following the crowd :-)

I'm also a bit surprised RL doesn't have a "Hershey" event thread built in the "Event" forum. Back during Werks Reunion Amelia Island, I JUST noticed that RL had that forum (rather than a post within this 964, which just ends up getting buried after so many other threads are active). anyway...

Cheers,
=Steve

Last edited by bweSteve; 04-17-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:34 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

I am hoping to make it Saturday. This would be my first time driving a Porsche instead of trying to sell stuff. It is a straight shot out 78 for me. If anyone else is heading out that way and wants to meet up let me know.

Since I haven't done the corral thing is there a separate entrance or just pay and park? I will most likely be taking my 93 C2, 928GTS or boxster depending on conditions.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:34 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

C2 please Cobalt ! (since you & I are gonna hit the Adirondacks in your Amazon Green 928 GTS right??!!! :-)..
I haven't seen your C2 in person yet!!

Call me the night before, and hopefully we can figure a place to meet up (probably in the Corral, since that's where we need to look at a couple cars for RLers).

Should be fun!! Is the missy coming? Mine is now on the fence too.
=Steve
Old 04-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Derek911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cobalt, there are people out there directing Porsches into the coral. There is also a Rennlist area within the coral, but parking is limited.
Meet us on 78. We are leaving at 7am , we can meet you along the way.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:14 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

I'll be there, but the 964 will be on the lift at least a couple more weeks, so I'll be stealing the old mans 993 for the day. He owes me one after tracking down those matching hardback sport seats for him anyway I'll either be crusing up with Schattenbaum, the KoP morning crew, or a small group of friends from the Cherry Hill area. If anyone is starting from those points, say hi! I'll be in a Guards Red 993 cab with red hardbacks and a big intercooler hanging out of the back.

Quick Reply: 964's going to Hershey?