Sponsored by:

Need Help: PPI in North Miami

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 03:18 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LPMM
I would have told him to **** up a tree right then, or at least driven the pile back to him after the PPI There was a 964 in FL I wanted to buy for my wife, had a friend check it our for me and upon his report, I asked the dealer if he could bring it to a certain place for a PPI (close to him I might add). Selling dealer said no and said he would only take it to "his" trusted shop. As much as I wanted the car, I wished him luck and never looked back. Best decision I made, I don't need the headaches.

As you said, you learnt a lot through this experience and you'll eventually find what you are looking for. Good luck.
Dealer didn't want me to take it to Pakhau1 which is their largest competitor. So I can see how they would be uncomfortable with that, but they did allow me to take it a regular shop (non dealer).
Old 03-24-2016, 03:19 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

If anyone can provide any leads, I would greatly appreciate it. I just paid for the 1 year membership, but I can not post on the WTB section yet. I'm looking to buy real soon because my bank already funded me the money for the car. I need to purchase a car within the next two weeks or I'll have to restart the loan process again =(
Old 03-24-2016, 03:32 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by aceking4u
Dealer didn't want me to take it to Pakhau1 which is their largest competitor. So I can see how they would be uncomfortable with that, but they did allow me to take it a regular shop (non dealer).
Here is my $0.02... Since you are paying for the PPI, you should be the one selecting the shop based on your research and comfort level. Obviously, it has to be within a reasonable driving distance, but it usually is not an issue. If the selling dealer has an objection to this, it is a red flag and you should walk. An honest dealer with nothing to hide (I know, huge oxymoron) should not have an issue with that, even if the PPI is done at a competing shop.

If anyone can provide any leads, I would greatly appreciate it. I just paid for the 1 year membership, but I can not post on the WTB section yet. I'm looking to buy real soon because my bank already funded me the money for the car. I need to purchase a car within the next two weeks or I'll have to restart the loan process again =(
WTB section is a bit slow, most folks post in the Vehicle Marketplace section. Better to restart the process with your bank than buy a rat's nest, stay on course and do your due diligence.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:49 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Originally Posted by LPMM
Here is my $0.02... Since you are paying for the PPI, you should be the one selecting the shop based on your research and comfort level. Obviously, it has to be within a reasonable driving distance, but it usually is not an issue. If the selling dealer has an objection to this, it is a red flag and you should walk. An honest dealer with nothing to hide (I know, huge oxymoron) should not have an issue with that, even if the PPI is done at a competing shop.
+1

WTB section is a bit slow, most folks post in the Vehicle Marketplace section. Better to restart the process with your bank than buy a rat's nest, stay on course and do your due diligence.
I did just post in the Vehicle Marketplace as a WTB. I guess it was a glitch earlier because my paid membership was too new. Thanks again for the tip. I am loving the Porsche community more and more everyday.

Also never owned a Porsche. First time driving one was yesterday during the test drive.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:14 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

I need to purchase a car within the next two weeks or I'll have to restart the loan process again =(
Be comfortable with that as a real possibility. The risks of buying the wrong car just to meet a self-imposed deadline can be very, very costly.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:14 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 282 Posts

Sharp looking car, on screen. I almost bought a 993TT from them. PPI failed miserably!
Old 03-24-2016, 04:19 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ken D
Be comfortable with that as a real possibility. The risks of buying the wrong car just to meet a self-imposed deadline can be very, very costly.
The listing looked absolutely clean which is why I flew in and spent $500. Before I got there, I trained myself to not fall too in love with the car (which was hard) and I went in to almost pick the car apart, which help made the decision earlier. I was texting non-stop to my new porsche friends whom I barely met, and they were helping me along the way. "Oh that's an easy fix, that's another $1,000, thats very common."

I definitely don't want to buy the wrong car. I don't mind buying one that needs work, but I don't want to hit $40k if the car is not pristine. I appreciate you for helping me re-valuate this concept.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:21 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Sharp looking car, on screen. I almost bought a 993TT from them. PPI failed miserably!
That's the issue with these calendar distance photos. You can't tell much but the paint. From when the photos of this car was originally taken, the air box already went missing! Stressful learning curve but now I know better.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:08 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 282 Posts

That's the issue with these calendar distance photos. You can't tell much but the paint. From when the photos of this car was originally taken, the air box already went missing! Stressful learning curve but now I know better.
Ace- 500 well spent!
Old 03-24-2016, 07:50 PM
FormulaRX
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Kevin, what's up. Just found and read through this post. Sorry you had to deal with a bunch of crooks but at least you came out on top. Sure you lost $500 but look at it as an educational experience which will prove very valuable as you enter into the Porsche world. Lots of help here. That car will sit on that lot. No one in their right mind will pay up for that. Most if not all of us when we see it in person, if we are rational individuals, will walk away. I actually feel like calling the dealer just to f**k with them :-D
Old 03-24-2016, 08:01 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Originally Posted by FormulaRX
Kevin, what's up. Just found and read through this post. Sorry you had to deal with a bunch of crooks but at least you came out on top. Sure you lost $500 but look at it as an educational experience which will prove very valuable as you enter into the Porsche world. Lots of help here. That car will sit on that lot. No one in their right mind will pay up for that. Most if not all of us when we see it in person, if we are rational individuals, will walk away. I actually feel like calling the dealer just to f**k with them :-D
He kept using the phrase "driver quality cars," because he kept trying to sell me that the engine runs well. The dealer was knowledgeable of the hot market, but tried to sell me in on a car that only looks great from far away. Everything about this car was a average at best, but they wanted a high premium and theres so many surface red flags.

Valuable lesson. I treat the PPI inspection as a crash course to learning about the 964. I'm also glad I was with the tech each step of the way. I just wish I wasn't so tired. Landed at 830AM EST and flew back at 930 PM EST. The search must go on!
Old 03-24-2016, 08:49 PM
FormulaRX
Pro

Car wasn't average. It was way below average. A 20k car at best trying to be flipped for 45k. If a dealer has something to hide (most do), then they won't send detailed close up pictures even if you request. Private sale is the way to go!
Old 03-24-2016, 09:38 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 249 Posts

Is your heart set on a coupe? If you're willing to consider a targa or a cab, there are a lot more clean cars within your budget.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:14 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

What a joke that these clowns consider Parkhaus1 to be their biggest competitor. This Kessler company sells expensive cars a few of which happen to be Porsches. Parkhaus1 lives and breathes the marque; sales, service, restoration, parts, detailing and storage. Using a baseball analogy, Parkhaus is the major leagues; Kessler would be a single A farm team.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:24 PM
FormulaRX
Pro

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Who is the dealer in question?
Kessler Auto Group in FL

Quick Reply: Need Help: PPI in North Miami