Sponsored by:

Behavior C4 of lock valves ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 03:15 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Behavior C4 of lock valves ?

I am trying to understand what is normal behavior of the lock valves and want to avoid a big mess when I start breaking connections.

Here is what I think I know;

Bleeding locks via UDT999 fires pulses both valves at same time.

Testing each lock separately with single pulse is what I used to hear individual lock valve click. So, don't need to test valve firing with 12vdc.

OH, the many questions;

With ignition off and entire system de-pressurized, if I crack the connections out from lock valves at the unions just before they disappear thru frunk wall, would one expect to lose almost no fluid from reservoir ?

The clicking of valves pulsing, can a valve be stuck and we still hear the click?

If I see reservoir for that section completely drain during this exercise, it tells me a valve is stuck open and shouldn't they be closed?

If I bleed the bomb to no pressure and then bleed the valve block screw, what will I expect to see at reservoir, just one section empty ?

If I remove lock valves to workbench, is it possible to disassemble for inspection? See if valve is stuck, gunked up?

This thread should be titled, chasing my tail

Do valves default to closed?

Thinking of building one of these.... With high pressure gauge and lines? Recommendation on gauges?

Last edited by C4inLA; 03-16-2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Spell check, add more questions
Old 03-16-2016, 07:02 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found this little bumper type thing in nook below brake reservoir and next to abs unit when cleaning? An idea where it goes?

Where might it go? Foam rubber bumper?

Quick Reply: Behavior C4 of lock valves ?