Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 10:29 AM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Rear arm bearing options

I guys,
I got a bit of a play on one of my rear arm ,
I am planing to replace both sides , would you guys know if there is any better option than original rubber bushes, it's a road and track car , I don't think the monoball bearings from Tarret are suitable, are they ?
Thank for your input ;-)
Old 03-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kos11-12
I guys,
I got a bit of a play on one of my rear arm ,
I am planing to replace both sides , would you guys know if there is any better option than original rubber bushes, it's a road and track car , I don't think the monoball bearings from Tarret are suitable, are they ?
Thank for your input ;-)
These
Old 03-14-2016, 11:09 AM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Bill, will give them
A call now, I like their trailing arm bearing replacement , mines are a bit worn too ,
In US for a couple of day, maybe I can get them send fast .
Old 03-14-2016, 12:47 PM
jon91581
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Rennline also offers a RTB replacement with firmer material. It's a little less costly and appears to be similarly constructed.

I went with ERP front bushings and love them, but might consider the Rennline HD bushings. Especially a good deal when you can get a coupon for parts which range from 10-20% off.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 03-14-2016, 04:27 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
Plus one for elephant. We used them on our builds too. Easy install. Elephant supplies the press tools with the bushings, and the feel great on the car. Plus, they are still effectively a street bushing. Which is good.

The thing that sold me best...I was having a discussion with elephant about the bushings. And Chuck said very plainly. If your trailing arm bushings aren't dead, and they really aren't causing any issue, don't buy these. If they are ready to go, you will see an improvement over stock...." And proceeded to explain clearly what the real world difference is, without pushing me to buy his product over anything else. Very straight forward guys over there. Great service and easy to deal with...so they have my nod...

I can say now after having two practically identical cars, one with and one without the trailing are bushings done, I like the elephant bushings.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:30 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Thanks G
Always nice to deal with honest people that supply great parts :-)
Old 04-05-2016, 01:15 PM
repguyMN
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my car up on a lift this past weekend and found a few items to put on the to-do list.
Rear spring plate bushings are near the top since I am looking to have alignment work done. The ride is ok right now even though the left side bushing material is clearly degraded.
I also do mostly street and some track with my 92 so I do not want a hard/harsh feel. From what I read on this thread the bushings listed would feel like stock?
I must say I was a little surprised by the cost!
Old 04-05-2016, 02:59 PM
18T_BT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by repguyMN
I must say I was a little surprised by the cost!

x2 I read the reviews and the product seems like a nice, well made piece, then scrolled down to the price and was like
just for a bushing set :lol: complete control arm kits with powerflex bushings (i know that polyurethane is cheaper) are like 250 for both sides for an e36 and trailing arm bearing kits are like 200 bux for OEM style spherical sealed bearings

Quick Reply: Rear arm bearing options