Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 11:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default aiming H4 headlights

I recently installed my H4 (Euro) headlights (purchased the kit from Vertex Auto in FL) in my RSAmerica. Huge improvement over the stock H5's.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to adjust the headlights left and right. I am able to set the height however. They are sort of pointing to the left of the car as I drive, just enough to be annoying. It is worse when I put on the high beams.

There are 2 screws; the top one seems to adjust up and down. However the lower adjustment screw on the headlight doesn't seem to do anything.

The kit did not come with instructions, so I was wondering if anyone on the board can tell me how to adjust the headlights.
Do I first adjust left and right and then adjust the up down? Is one adjustmet fighting the other?

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:46 PM
bj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lewis

Were you able to resolve your problem? I'm about to make the same purchase but I'd like to know how you make out before doing so. There's another thread currently with an H4 aiming problem.

Bill
90C2
Old 10-09-2003, 10:17 PM
ChrisX2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The side screw adjusts the beams horizontally and the top screw adjusts them vertically. I don't think the type of bulb should change this. The owner's manual describes which way to turn the screws for up/down and left/right adjustments.

Quick Reply: aiming H4 headlights