Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDA longitude slave not bleeding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:06 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 429 Likes on 278 Posts

Take the hard line out and put an old brake bleed nipple in the end of the soft line. Or an m10x1.0 bolt works well enough. Don't put it in too tight and don't worry about a drop of it doesn't seal well.

If you have a blockage in that hard line, just buy a new one. Doesn't cost much.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:14 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The nuts can freeze to the hardlines over time; if/when someone attempts to remove them, the lines themselves can twist.

None of mine locked up, but twisting of the actual hardline is visible afterwards.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 429 Likes on 278 Posts

That happened exactly to us on the bama car in this same longitudinal slave line. So it just replaced it. Hate when the fittings seize...
Old 03-01-2016, 07:12 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Earning my wings: I feel like I've been run over by a truck I was hoping all comments about removing longitudinal slave cylinder being a challenge did not apply to me ..... *****! Because I didn't know how much play when knocking "the key" back and forth, I chose to error on side of caution, lying face up on concrete with eight inches above my face, arms over head for THREE hours of PB blaster, hammer and tap left, tap right, tap left, etc..

I got the bugger out ... Both slaves removed for clean up and 9M seals....

Findings;

Longitudinal slave: Pin pushed in and bounced back, a bit of friction sensed ? I tried the lock bleed with just disconnecting the input line to the slave and no go, therefore, told me issue is before the slave. I disconnected the bottom half of pressure switch and had free flow fluid out of top half of pressure switch. Told me the small hard line shown below from pressure switch to slave was blocked, it was not.... I am confused ... We'll see how all bleeds when all put back together.

Transverse slave:
Pin pushed back, did not bounce back, quite stuck? Had to push pick tool from other end to have eventually pop out. Noted some gunk build up as viewing it stuck before disassembled. When I pulled off from rear diff the pin was extended? As you know, I have GRUNCH I have been slow to diagnosis and will be curious if after all back together anything changes....

Both slaves removed.

Transverse Slave stuck with bit of gunk on left side.

Piston with OEM Seals.

Other piston. Right edge feels bit rough.

Line from pressure switch to Longitude slave.

Bottom half Pressure Switch: I took the bottom half off and amazing how things happen in a second and I missed a bearing and spring falling out to floor The switch when picked up off floor had just that plastic piece still in the end... I thought was gunk, no gunk. Once I started finding pieces of the guts, I believe it goes back in the way shown, can anyone verify? If not, I will carefully remove the line next to it and see the inside....

Bottom half of pressure switch. Believe this is correct assembly?

Next steps: Clean slave and pistons, add new seals and put her back together for bleed test. Should I use brake cleaner and scotch pad for the pistons?

Matthew.

Quick Reply: PDA longitude slave not bleeding?