Sponsored by:

Help identifying part

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Vancleef
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help identifying part

Hey guys I've been searching all over but can't seem to find the part # for my wide body conversion. I need #22 on this list but for a 964 turbo. Since its a bit curvier than a narrow body the original won't work.

Bonus points if someone knows the part # for the fender supports as well, I'll need those since they are a bit longer than a narrow body support.
Thanks for you help!

Old 12-01-2015, 10:35 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

965 505 033 01 left
965 505 034 01 right

What do you mean by fender supports?
Old 12-02-2015, 12:28 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

These parts have become crazy expensive for what they are.

96550414100. When I purchased these a year ago they were $54 ea. Look at them now discounted. http://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/?p...tr=96450414100

It is easy enough to cut and weld a spacer bar to lengthen them. This conversion will get costly especially once you start with all the other parts needed. When I ordered these one side was back ordered and took months to get.

http://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oe...he/96550503401
http://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oe...he/96550503401
Old 12-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Vancleef
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Omg thats ridiculous! I can easily make one myself by flatten an aluminum thin walled pipe or copper pipe. Maybe even using premade carbon fiber sheet cut to the right dimensions.

The conversion is getting pricey, its not the big stuff that gets you, its all of the little items. bumper/fender seals, bumper face bar, support bars, etc.

I'm having the hardest time wondering how I will get the headlights to mount into the GT-Racing fiberglass fenders/headlight bucket. The bucket doesn't have the lower mounting point like the OEM does. Anyone have an experience with fiberglass fenders and hoods?
Old 12-02-2015, 05:25 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancleef
Omg thats ridiculous! I can easily make one myself by flatten an aluminum thin walled pipe or copper pipe. Maybe even using premade carbon fiber sheet cut to the right dimensions.

The conversion is getting pricey, its not the big stuff that gets you, its all of the little items. bumper/fender seals, bumper face bar, support bars, etc.

I'm having the hardest time wondering how I will get the headlights to mount into the GT-Racing fiberglass fenders/headlight bucket. The bucket doesn't have the lower mounting point like the OEM does. Anyone have an experience with fiberglass fenders and hoods?
i have a set of glass GT fenders hiding around here someplace. I decided to go with steel instead the weight savings wasn't enough and the added cost to paint the glass fenders vs the used 930 parts was a wash. The problem with glass is even the best of them end up with air pockets and leave pin holes when painting. Also if you don't build them up with primer the paint will eventually shrink and the weave will show through. You can glass a small piece of metal where the tab is on the factory fenders. or just bend a piece of metal so that the tab sits where it is needed and rivet and bond it in place. It actually works best if you drill it out after it has cured and use a speed clip instead.

I agree the cost of the small stuff added up quickly and prices have more than doubled on many items in the past 12 months. The brackets that you initially requested info on are worth spending up for it makes it easy to bolt together. The crossbars should be $35 for what it takes to make. At $54 i was just trying to finish up so paid up for them, at the current price it is a joke. Essentially they are identical to the narrow body supports. you can just copy them and make them longer however you will also need to fabricate a mounting tab on the fender to use them.

I made mine out of leftover material from cutting up the sunroof. Pop riveted and bonded them to the metal fender. I had already painted the fenders and didn't want to weld but they are equally as strong.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Help identifying part