Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting discovery or just coincidence?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 05:25 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting discovery or just coincidence?

I had installed a factory RS flywheel and clutch set in my 90 C4 about three years ago. As most of you guys already know, periodic engine stalling when the air-con is on is a common setback with this setup. So, normally, I would not turn on the air-con during the first 5 minutes of driving to prevent stalling.

However, last week I replaced my car's 4+ years old battery with a new battery, the engine stalling never returned since. Even during initial driving with the air-con on.

So, I don't know if its sheer coincidence, I just want to share this insight of mine with you guys.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I can see no relationship with the battery and the LWF issue. The mechanics of the LWF operation create the stalling problem. It is possible I suppose that the new battery is reducing the impact of the clutch engagement of the compressor but I am afraid I cannot any other possible relationship. The LWF still spins up faster and slows down faster and this is the core problem because the DME is not programmed for these changes and cannot react fast enough to them.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 09-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 383 Posts

I've noticed a marked improvement in low speed and cold running behavior of my 993 engine since I replaced a battery that was on its last legs.

Quick Reply: Interesting discovery or just coincidence?