Hospital Visit

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hospital Visit

So, finally my Beast is in hospital having the rear rust bubbles attended to, courtesy of Porsche UK thank you very much. I did take on board the advice and suggestions I was given a while back here on this board (much appreciated, you know who you are) and rather than hanging out for Porsche to replace my car with a brand new 2004 GT3 RS with blue decals i opted to have mine repaired.
I'm also having the rear bumper done at the same time as there were a few chips and the underseal had been worn away from stones being launched from the back tyres. The sill rubbers are also being replaced as these had shrunk over an inch from what they used to be and they said they would put a new Carrera script too along with touching up the few stone chips I collected when I was on JB's mad Welsh road.
The job will be covered by the Porsche Lifetime Warranty and provided I return the car annually for inspection they will honour this.
I will post pics when ma Beast comes home. Heres hoping they do a good job!
Cheers,
Old 09-24-2003, 08:09 AM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dave, was that rust bubbles on the body under the window or the parts against the rear side Windows?
Old 09-24-2003, 08:48 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Hi Bins,
Neither of them. They were on the rear bumper lines about 4 inches from the lights where the rear bumper is attached.
Cheers
Old 09-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Top result, well done!

On the subject was chatting last night to my next door neighbour. He has had loads, and I mean loads, of problems with his bought new 2 year old 996 C2. P have agreed to cover 50% of the cost of him 'getting into' a brand new C2 (ie roughly speaking he can sell his for £45K, new cost is £65K, difference = £20K, P will pay £10K). He went to the top in Germany to get this result!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:12 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Thanks Piers,
I did consider going to the top in Germany but to be honest decided I could do without the stress. I think I got probably got the best I was going to get without losing too much sleep. I hope like you say it is a Top result!
He said maybe Saturday but i'm not going to rush them.
I look forward to posting the pics!
Old 09-24-2003, 04:50 PM
tonytaylor
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave

If you`ve got Porsche to pay for the original bad repair and warrenty it then thats the best result you`re likely to get.
Well done, you know it makes sense
Old 09-25-2003, 07:06 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Thanks Tony,
Emotion was ruling my mind in my first 'report'. Is is often far easier to clearly see what to do when you are not involved which is why I appreciate the help and guidance I got here.
I'm looking forward to his release date!
Cheers,

Quick Reply: Hospital Visit