Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 04:07 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rennlist North Wales Run - Report and Pictures

Today was the day of our North Wales jaunt.

Sadly, JW (Hubbers) and Helen didn't make it, having underestimated just how far we were from Cardiff and gone to bed too late! At least that's what they said - personally, I think JW decided he could just fit in a extra session at the Nurburgring before breakfast and couldn't get back in time.

Our 964 is still languishing at Tech9, so Paula and I went in the Lupo (GTi) which did a pretty good job of trying to embarass the 964s some of the time.

We had Andrew Goalen in his purple Strosek machine, Rob in his tip cab and Kevin Asbridge in his gorgeous red C2.

Rob let me have a drive of his car, which was great fun and very entertaining as I have never driven a 964 cab or tip before. Every time I drive another 964 (and Rob's is very different to mine) I'm always struck by just how alike they all are. This might sound obvious but, no matter how many mods they have, how different the spec, they still come across as 964 above all, with just minor, almost insignificant differences. They all put a grin on my face!

Rob then took the wheel of the Lupo. I must get it back as I find it hard to drive it without it. Sorry - I mean we went for an entertaining blast during which it became clear that to put serious distance between a 964 and it actually takes some doing.

Andrew's car is a little on the noisy side and didn't seem entirely happy in some of the corners. He has vowed to transform it for the next jaunt.

Kevin's car just looked glorious as it overtook us from time to time - so glad I own one like it!

Pictures...

Rob (who always brings an exiting plate) reaches a new pinnacle.

Picnic time.

Rob indicates how much oversteer he was getting to Paula, Andrew and Kevin.

Me at work in Rob's car - look, it's legal!

Kevin's car (driven by Andrew) at speed, from Rob's car (driven by me), taken by Rob. Or was it Kevin's car driven by Rob taken by Andrew while I drove or...

Old 09-21-2003, 04:26 PM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Great day out; great pictures (apart from the plate of course). Just had time to wash to dead flies of the car before it got dark too.

Luckily, I didn't have to wash any dead sheep off. However, at one stage it was looking like we might...

Andrew will, I'm sure, post some pictures!
Old 09-21-2003, 04:28 PM
andrew964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, nice to meet you and Paula today, as well as Rob and Kevin (who was driving in your pic!), the video will be up tomorrow, its a little shaky and our language a little colourfull when we met some sheep! but show's what fun these cars are on perfect welsh lanes

to say my car was a little un-happy is a huge understatment!!, so new tyres, shocks, brakes etc are being ordered in the next few weeks

next time I will keep up, oh and the car will be a little quieter!
Old 09-23-2003, 04:25 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

How's the vid coming along, Andrew?
Old 09-23-2003, 10:42 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

John, any news on your car yet?
Old 09-23-2003, 11:00 AM
andrew964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John
The Video's will be up in a little while, having trouble splicing togethor the bits where the camera isnt shaking too much!!!. don't know why but it was very very shakey in places

Have already stripped the heat exhcangers off and will get to the brake discs latter in the week, just wondering what improvements to make whilst its apart? any sugestions welcome
Old 09-23-2003, 11:33 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by robmug
John, any news on your car yet?
Just called them (they were meant to call me yesterday). It seems the rattle was just a loose tinware bracket. They're still fiddling with my false-alarming Origin b2 device, but I've told them to stop and I'll probably reject the latter and return it.

They will deliver the car tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have so much on at work - late nights all this week, it's going to be the weekend before I even get the chance to look at it!

I really could do with getting a life - six day weeks stretching behind me and ahead, Paula struggling at work and at home. Also trying to find new house and move... stress, stress, stress.

Old 09-23-2003, 11:36 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Errr...sorry I asked!

At least 964 will be back tomorrow with no major bad news
Old 09-23-2003, 11:40 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by robmug
Errr...sorry I asked!

Oh, and on your second point... we'll see. I won't believe it until I see it.

Quick Reply: Rennlist North Wales Run - Report and Pictures