Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible color change?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 03:02 PM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love your car in black Dan. A colour change is hard to get corect and costly. It could mean engine out, seals and windows, full trim out and all the shut lines painted. You'll stil be seeing black when you remove trim tho.

Tuff call as rare colours are tempting...

Chris
Old 09-17-2015, 08:02 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

A perspective of my personal experience.

My 90 C2 in Metallic Silver (exact color of the wheels) was in need of another paint job due to tremendous chips from daily driving and extensive DEing.

I had grown tired of the color, as it was just a bit too light for my taste. And more importantly, I didn't want to sink big bucks in a concourse paint job, as it will get beat up again!

After a week of narrowing down every color offered from 2010 to the present, I chose a color just a FEW SHADES different from Metallic Silver and had it sprayed a 2012 VW "Tungsten Silver Metallic".

By keeping the color close to original, the door frames, inside of the frunk and engine compartment blend well enough that it is really tough to discern the color difference.

I suggest that you look at a black that is pleasing to you but blends with the existing (inside) color.

As to diminished value......that will be the problem of the beneficiaries of my will!

Quick Reply: Possible color change?