Sponsored by:

Autothority chip details

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 08:12 PM
apanossi
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Autothority chip details

I was trying to find out details regarding my current DME setup. Specifically, PO had an Autothority chip in place (image attached). I have scoured the Internet and this forum, but no luck in getting details about the chip. The car seems to be running well with it, but I really don't have a reference to stock to see if it's an improvement. No pinging or other issues but there's a little sticker on the gas tank lid saying to use only 93 RON or higher. That's hard to come by these days. I need to know if I should take it out or leave it given no performance issues that I can tell. It actually seems to run better than my old stock RS America. My current car is a 1994 C4.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:46 AM
C24FUN
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry I can't help much with details, I can only share your frustration with the lack of info on the Autothority chips.

My '90 C2 has the Autothority MAF intake and a matching DME PROM. I have been unable to find many details about the chip other than they boosted the redline by 200 rpm and, like most chip vendors, in order to get a few more horsepower, they advanced the ignition timing to the point that on hot days I can still get pinging under load even with 94 octane (which we can still get a Chevron here in Canada).

I have use a prom programmer to read both my original factory chip and the Autothority version but without detailed knowledge of where the various fuel and ignition maps are, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I would really like to modify the Autothority chip to revert back to stock redline and timing as much as possible and just keep whatever changes were needed to adapt for the MAF intake.

Hopefully there is someone out there that can help us find some answers!

Cheers,

Jim G.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:34 AM
Parman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

My '94 C2 came with an Autothority chip and I didn't know this until I replaced it with a Steve Wong chip. It runs much better with the SW chip. I'm also in CA.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:43 AM
onceover
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

93 RON is equal to about 90 AKI, which is used in the U.S. and Canada for rating fuel
Old 08-09-2015, 12:05 AM
PNine64
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

When I first got my 93 964 it was idling high (1,100 rpm) but the Wong I replaced it with (accommodates primary bypass) got it where it should be. I've never confirmed a performance increase...it just runs well (92+ octane/US).

Quick Reply: Autothority chip details