Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Godspeed Coilovers

Old 07-08-2016, 03:42 AM
Pacific German
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Buyer beware, you get what you pay for.
It's pretty sad when you can compress a Godspeed strut with one finger pressing down, but a Bilstein requires your entire body weight.
H&R really is the bench mark for entry level.
My .02
Old 12-18-2016, 09:21 AM
dleefsu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the Godspeeds on a month or two ago but am just really back to driving the car now and no complaints. I'm not sure what the comment is about compression the strut with one finger as if anything they are too stiff like others have pointed out, you definitely want them on full soft which perhaps that is a good comment to make, you will end up with a much stiffer ride even on full soft so if you want a little more comfort and give in your ride then that may be the only issue I can think of. My disclaimer on that though is that I bounce between very 'soft' vehicles so when I get in the 964 everything about it seems very very stiff and tight...

I wouldn't shy away from them as I believe with these parts that we're simply not being charged the Porsche up charge.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:19 AM
speedbagger
Rennlist Member

other than a minor incompatibility with one of the wiring clips on the front i've had no issues either--although mine is just a weekend car with the wife and kids.

i've set very (too) low and full soft. still need ride height adjust and alignment but am happy.

i would recommend this as an option for someone replacing their stock set-up on a street car.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:58 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by pi5tolpete
These Godspeed ones look like a really good deal. Almost too good. What am I missing?
Hunt around Alibabi/Aliexpress and you will find them available for even less...
Old 12-19-2016, 12:00 PM
james_marshall
Rennlist Member

Ive had mine on for 12 months now, and although not driven to extremes / all that often, I can agree with the previous 2 posts above. Made the mistake of trying a few turns from soft, the UK roads did their best - and within a mile or so, i went back to full soft, and its been there ever since.
I too had to get the dremel out to fit one of the clips in properly - but it was a minor issue, well worth it.
Just my 2p's.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

Biggest issue we've had w these is the lock ring continually coming loose. Anyone else have this issue?

Would be nice to get a second lock ring and lock them down tight. Or add a set screw to the lock ring so it can't move. So far- still a fan at the price, not a fan over-all. I'd spend a few hundred more to get something better. Or save a bit and spend for even better.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:02 AM
Leftfootbrake
Track Day

you guys that have them installed have any pics?
Old 07-06-2017, 01:07 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Have you considered the all-new Ohlins coils for 987? They were released last month!
Old 07-07-2017, 10:42 AM
onceover
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Hunt around Alibabi/Aliexpress and you will find them available for even less...
Not finding anything... Care to share some links?
Old 07-07-2017, 01:02 PM
klokwerk
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Leftfootbrake
you guys that have them installed have any pics?
All of the pictures I've posted of my car are with these coil-overs installed.

Name:  AKtd5gBl.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  GcF9Jo8l.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  66.5 KB

I have to say that after a year of driving on these, I'm very pleased. For on the street, they're great. Feel very similar to how the H&R's and KW's I've had in the past (on different cars though).

One thing I've been meaning to do is raise the fronts up a tad. Really have them too low and it rubs when I hit a bump or corner hard.

Goughary, I haven't noticed the lock ring coming loose on mine. Once the top spring is pre-tentioned, the ring has stayed in place for me.

I do wish the adjustment was more traditional so that rather than having to detach the bottom bolt to spin the whole thing down or up you used the spring perch to lower or raise it. But you get used to it.

Has anyone experienced any corrosion? Mine seem to be doing well for going through one winter.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:18 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 94 Posts

These are like the BC Racing for the NSX.

I'd pick these vs. the KW V1 but not vs. a set of Ohlins DFV...
Old 08-29-2017, 08:32 PM
Moe1
4th Gear

need to wake up the only good thread about godspeed coilovers.

Any updates on using godspeed after a while ? any sign of rust as people stated ?

really thinking of pulling the trigger on these, for $840 they are not easy to ignore !
Old 08-30-2017, 03:22 PM
klokwerk
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

I recently did a brake job on my car and inspected the suspension while I was there. I did have corrosion on the threads but the coils and body were all in great shape. I took a soft wire brush to the threads and they cleaned up nicely.
I'd love to find a coating to put on them to prevent this from happening, but it's been over a year and if that's the worst then I'm happy with them.

Sorry, didn't take any pictures but I'll take some this next weekend when I put my new wheels on.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:49 PM
Moe1
4th Gear

Glad to hear they are still holding together. guess its surface rust then.

What about handling compared to other coilovers ? not looking for something aggressive.
Car will be 80% for the street and 20% track time, not a daily driver.

Really considering them!
Old 08-28-2018, 09:40 AM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Bumping this thread again, since it has been another year. Any more reviews and updates?

In my opinion, you get what you pay for. Cash out for KWs and they'll last the life of the car; I wouldn't expect these Godspeeds to last more than a couple of season with occasional track days.

But for the price, with adjustable dampening and camber plates, I wouldn't mind buying these a couple times if they're at least holding up for the short term...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Godspeed Coilovers