Sponsored by:

964 Carrera 2 ABS Tester – Ready for Beta Testing – Testers Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 02:16 PM
cajonfan
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Greetings all,
There are still a couple of Beta testers working through their evaluations. As soon as they are completed I'll be able to move ahead to update and offer the C2 version.

I have completed a design for the C4 version, I'll describe it and the testing plan in a new post.

Thanks for all the interest,
Michael (cajonfan)
Old 08-27-2015, 02:31 PM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to wire your brain to somehow power my car.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:56 PM
cajonfan
Rennlist Member

Not a good idea, you would certainly fail your emissions tests !
Old 08-28-2015, 01:36 AM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really looking forward to a c4 version. Great work, a big service to the community.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:53 PM
drb930
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Any updates on availability of the C2 units?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-16-2015, 07:05 PM
spenny_b
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cajonfan
Greetings all,
There are still a couple of Beta testers working through their evaluations. As soon as they are completed I'll be able to move ahead to update and offer the C2 version.

I have completed a design for the C4 version, I'll describe it and the testing plan in a new post.

Thanks for all the interest,
Michael (cajonfan)

Hi Michael, a quick question - is the ABS system on the C2 the same as that used on the 964 Turbo (C2T / 965)?

I have no reason to suspect that I have an ABS problem, but my "rather extensive project " (!!) has meant that the car has been off the road for 4yrs, so it's been a long time since I drove it.

Funnily enough, this last few weeks and months have seen me remove/modify/refit the front ABS timing wheels, so that I can install additional timing wheels & HE sensors for a 4-channel traction control system (all part of the new engine management setup) as well as sending off all the calipers for total refurb, new discs, pads, etc, etc.

If it is compatible, and you want a 965 guinea pig, am happy to give one a go?

Cheers
Spencer.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:06 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by drb930
Any updates on availability of the C2 units?

Thanks,
Dave
rentals available?
Old 10-18-2015, 07:57 PM
cajonfan
Rennlist Member

Default C2 ABS Test Set Updates

Greetings all,

First, thanks to the beta testers for investing their time in checking out an unknown tool. Their usage has provided good and consistent feedback on the prototype unit's design. The greatest outcome is that several cars have been restored to full ABS functionality and and along the way the need for the tool has been pretty well established.

I have incorporated a number of improvements in the design of the units and will provide details and pricing in the next day or so. (I am a little busy with the C4 version prototypes that ship this week).

My goal has been to keep costs to a minimum so that as many owners as possible can justify purchasing a unit to keep their cars ABS systems working (and tested on occasion to know that they are fully working). Please stay tuned for another day or so.

Thanks for all the interest in these units,
Michael
Old 10-18-2015, 08:07 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by cajonfan
My goal has been to keep costs to a minimum so that as many owners as possible can justify purchasing a unit to keep their cars ABS systems working (and tested on occasion to know that they are fully working). Please stay tuned for another day or so.
Outstanding and thanks for the update, getting in line.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:09 PM
cajonfan
Rennlist Member

Hi Spencer,

It sound like your project is getting to the final stages where you get to drive the car again and appreciate all your work - congratulations!

Regarding your question, I believe the ABS wiring and functionality on a "standard" 965 is the same as that in the 964 C2. It also seems like you have added sensors and other wiring as part of your new traction control system and have left the original sensors and ABS system in place. If that's right, then the C2 ABS Test Set should fully test, exercise, and validate the ABS system functions on your car just like it does on mine.

The prototype phase for the C2 version is over and I will be offering the "production" version shortly. Please stay tuned.

Michael

Originally Posted by spenny_b
Hi Michael, a quick question - is the ABS system on the C2 the same as that used on the 964 Turbo (C2T / 965)?

I have no reason to suspect that I have an ABS problem, but my "rather extensive project " (!!) has meant that the car has been off the road for 4yrs, so it's been a long time since I drove it.

Funnily enough, this last few weeks and months have seen me remove/modify/refit the front ABS timing wheels, so that I can install additional timing wheels & HE sensors for a 4-channel traction control system (all part of the new engine management setup) as well as sending off all the calipers for total refurb, new discs, pads, etc, etc.

If it is compatible, and you want a 965 guinea pig, am happy to give one a go?

Cheers
Spencer.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:20 PM
spenny_b
Rennlist Member

Great, thanks Michael.

Indeed, I have retained the stock ABS system as it left the factory; we did investigate perhaps using/intercepting the ABS signal to then feed the speed inputs for the traction control, but decided there were too many unknowns to be comfortable with it, as well as the risk of tampering with an existing safety system....na'er the twain shall meet in this instance

Thanks
Spencer
Old 06-24-2016, 01:05 AM
peteho
Intermediate

Hi Michael,

Good job. Another C4 here. I'd definitely be interested in purchasing one if the price is right.

Cheers

Peter
Old 06-24-2016, 10:33 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 428 Likes on 278 Posts

When will the c4 version be available?
Old 06-28-2016, 09:37 PM
cajonfan
Rennlist Member

Please see my new post "Carrera 4 ABS Test Set – Almost Ready for Order – Gauging Current Interest"

Quick Reply: 964 Carrera 2 ABS Tester – Ready for Beta Testing – Testers Wanted