Sponsored by:

Drivers seat help

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Robert Murray
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drivers seat help

I have a (new to me) 1992 964 with a power drivers seat. The drivers seat back has completely quit working. I tried the seat switch repair ( Thanks Forum) and I can hear the motor running.
I took the seat back off and found that the motors are turning but the drive shafts from each motor has twisted and sheared off. The piece is shown in the PET Katalog Illustration 808-00 picture #5. These are about 3in long and square stock pointed at one end and has a small threaded hole at the other end.. There is no part# nor name of the part. I took the pieces to Niello Porsche and showed the pieces to the Service and Part's managers they said it looked like an easyout.
Service mgr said he had never seen this happen. The Parts dept say's the parts are NOT available for these he said I might have to buy a whole new seat (not happening). No one knew the name nor part #.
Has anyone found a FIX for this problem. Is anyone making this part?? Right now the seat back just falls and I can not drive the car without
something behind the seat holding it up (not safe). With the large number of these on the road I am surprised this part is not available somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bob
Nor Cal
Old 07-02-2015, 11:39 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Maybe pick up this seat for $100 and get the parts you need out of it.
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...ted-seats.html
Old 07-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Robert Murray
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks for the lead

Thank you,
I have sent a PM to the seller.
I'm surprised the part is not available.
Bob
Old 07-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Harry Apps
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Murray
The piece is shown in the PET Katalog Illustration 808-00 picture #5. These are about 3in long and square stock pointed at one end and has a small threaded hole at the other end.. There is no part# nor name of the part. I took the pieces to Niello Porsche and showed the pieces to the Service and Part's managers they said it looked like an easyout.
Service mgr said he had never seen this happen. The Parts dept say's the parts are NOT available for these he said I might have to buy a whole new seat (not happening). No one knew the name nor part #.
Bob
Nor Cal
Assuming we're talking 964 seats, are you referring to 928 521 717 02 - Square rod for backrest adjustment? These are listed in PET (STZ) .pdf page 240 Item 14. If so, Pelican has them listed at $4.50 each.

Quick Reply: Drivers seat help