Sponsored by:

Rigid Collar Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rigid Collar Kit

I was aimlessly browsing last night when I came across a set of rigid collars for the front 964 application. I know these make a great difference on many cars, especially with VW subframes (R32, Golf R, etc.). But would they yield any benefit in 964 chassis? Since these are made for the front, I assume they would go into the crossmember area?

I searched and haven't seen anything about these on the forum, and perhaps its because they would do much, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2015, 03:42 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just had the subframe off and can't see that these would make any difference unless possibly in a race car. it is true that there is lots of play in the bolt holes but when I loosened mine the marks on all the mating surfaces showed there had been no movement between subframe and chassis.. So can't see how this would help except maybe making disassembly ina few years even more difficult when these collars seize on to the bolts.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess its good to hear that you didnt have much play, maybe its not a radical issue on our chassis. But in general you would feel changes on a street car too, tighter steering, less noise, less nvh, generally a more tight feeling; IF this is an issue. But I suppose it would take for someone to be a guinea pig and try, and its not cheap either. Was it difficult to drop the subframe?

Quick Reply: Rigid Collar Kit