Sponsored by:

Porsche Recall for 964

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 06:15 AM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone here anything....sorry to be so persistant.

Youcef
Old 12-23-2003, 06:51 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Youcef,
To answer your question I have never heard of such a failure. By the way there is no such thing as a "Porsche Recall". It is up to each national authority to judge the seriousness of an issue and to issue a recall notice.
Porsche will tell you that only "voluntary recalls" have ever been issued.
It is not just Porsche either, I have seen one country recall officially the Audi TT and others not bother.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 12-23-2003, 11:32 AM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:02 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a time period for recalls to be addressed by the owner? For example, I called Porsche North America, quoted my VIN# and was told that there were no outstanding recalls....does this actually mean ALL recall items over the years have been addressed or just that there are none open that are still covered by Porsche?

Thanks,

--Howard.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:24 PM
botoo
Instructor

The only other recalls listed by AllData or myCarStats are :

1. THE RESISTOR FOR THE REAR HEATER BLOWER CAN BECOME OVERLOADED CAUSING A FIRE.
2. CRUISE CONTROL LINKAGE TO BECOME DETACHED ON ONE END AND JAM ON NEARBY COMPONENTS RESULTING IN UNWANTED ENGINE SPEED AND POSSIBLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT.
3. LATCH FAILURE COULD CAUSE HOOD TO OPEN AND OBSTRUCT THE DRIVER'S FRONT VIEW WHICH COULD RESULT IN AN ACCIDENT.

However, they don't show a matching number of AT09
Old 12-23-2003, 01:29 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Howard:

I took my 1990 964 into my local Porsche dealer in 2002 and they were able to tell me which recalls were still outstanding on my car. They checked out all three that were still outstanding and took care of everything with no cost to me.

Jay
90 964
Old 12-23-2003, 01:42 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks jay, thats good to know! The representative on the phone was extremely knowledgable and helpful and I was sure at the time that he was commenting on all recalls since the car was built, however it occured to me reading this thread that perhaps I should pose the question!

--Howard
Old 12-23-2003, 09:46 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

I read the first two posts of this thread & had deja vu...then looked at the date & saw that this was revived from a September thread (never saw a thread that old revived here ) Anyway, when the thread originally came up I called the 1-800 # here in the US. Based on my VIN, they said there were no outstanding recalls on my car. The guy also offered to tell me the options my car had based on the VIN (as if I didn't already know Nice people!

Andrew
Old 12-24-2003, 12:24 AM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Andrew,

I resurected the thread after some searches on the subject, I felt the topic is still current because I have just encountered the issue with my vehicle on recall AT07. I was informed by my Porsche dealer that I needed my vehicle checked for the recall mentioned above, however after much searching I have not been able to find anywhere where this recall is mentioned. I have found all the notices mentioned above for the resistor, hood latch and cruise control rod but nothin on the steering joint.

It confuses me after reading Adrians comments on the issue how such a critical item can remain unpublished so all owners can take precautions. It has taken 14 years for my vehicle to be tested, how about all the vehicles running around with possible defects in the steering?

Quick Reply: Porsche Recall for 964