Sponsored by:

Gauging interest for BFI Shift Knobs

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 03:10 PM
onceover
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Gauging interest for BFI Shift *****

There's been a lot of discussion about shift **** options for our cars recently.

I've been in talks with Joe at BFI to see if he will be able to make their GS1 and GS2 ***** available for 911s. The **** fitment is the same for all 911/964/993/996/997 generations, so hopefully there will be enough interest between all of us to get this up and running.

Joe has told me that he would require at least 10 people for the GS1 and 40 for the GS2 to get started. GS1 ***** would be $99 and and GS2 would be $139.

The GS1 **** has already been prototyped and will be able to ship more quickly than the GS2 that will require some new tooling to be made in order to machine the square slot for the shifter rod. This is because the GS1 and GS2 ***** are assembled completely differently.

The GS1 and GS2 ***** can both be ordered with a silver finish or a black finish. Color choice does not affect the minimum order required.
Shift boot is not included, so you will either have to modify your original or get a new one made

On to some photos, click the links for more images on the BFI site:

GS1 silver: http://store.blackforestindustries.com/bfiheweshkn.html

GS1 black: http://store.blackforestindustries.c...heweshkns.html

GS2 silver: http://store.blackforestindustries.c...heweshkna.html

Coins with 5 and 6 speed shift patterns are available too: http://store.blackforestindustries.c...pa1mepl28.html

Joe has also mentioned that if there is enough interest, we can look into getting extended shafts as were mentioned here: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l#post12019671
These will add about 1.5" to the 0.5" extension length that there currently is, for a total of 2". The cost will be approx $125-$130 and we will require at least 10 people interested in the extended version for this to take off too.

International shipping is OK

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask in the thread. If you would like to be added to the GB list PM me. This is all to gauge interest and does not guarantee that the ***** will actually be made

Group buy list:
GS1:
sy0296
Porschenut_Lee - Black

GS2:
Patrick Derkacz (onceover) - Silver
RGrove
deutschland-dobson

GS1 Extended shift rod:
Sire
C2sideways
Nylasurf

GS2 Extended shift rod:
Ryan... - Black

Last edited by onceover; 03-13-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Alivreal
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone know if these will fit on a 915 Wevo shifter?
Old 03-02-2015, 03:37 PM
dsan
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

I could be interested. I replaced mine with an ebay one just because my stock was getting shabby so wouldn't mind switching it up.

Question though, this is just for the **** correct? Anywhere we could pick up a new boot also (unless it comes with it but doesn't appear so). I'm sure I'm not the only one with a worn boot and putting a new **** on top of an old boot, well, no bueno
Old 03-02-2015, 04:05 PM
sy0296
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd be in for a GS1 if available
Old 03-02-2015, 04:18 PM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you include UK buyers?

I tried to order one direct from BFI when they first came out, but was told I had to use their UK stockist. The price more than doubled

Chris
Old 03-02-2015, 04:23 PM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dsan
I could be interested. I replaced mine with an ebay one just because my stock was getting shabby so wouldn't mind switching it up.

Question though, this is just for the **** correct? Anywhere we could pick up a new boot also (unless it comes with it but doesn't appear so). I'm sure I'm not the only one with a worn boot and putting a new **** on top of an old boot, well, no bueno
Price is just for the **** Dan. It shouldn't cost much for a trimmer to sort you a new gaiter / boot. Mine was cheap in black nappa with red stitch.

Chris
Old 03-03-2015, 12:05 PM
onceover
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Alivreal
Anyone know if these will fit on a 915 Wevo shifter?
Looking at photos of the wevo shifter I dont believe it will. A stock 911 shifter has a rectangular shank for the **** to slide over:

Originally Posted by deutschland-dobson
Can you include UK buyers?

I tried to order one direct from BFI when they first came out, but was told I had to use their UK stockist. The price more than doubled

Chris
I'll have to chat with Joe about this. Worst case scenerio I'm sure a member could buy two and ship one over to you.

Originally Posted by dsan

As dobson said, this is just the shifter, no boot included. Should'nt be hard for someone with a sewing machine to make!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Sire
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

if its possible for EU sending i would be interested gs1 and the extended.

regards,
marco
Old 03-03-2015, 12:35 PM
C2sideways
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be interested in an extended shaft !
Old 03-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would also be interested in an extended shaft ano shifter if all the hardware were hidden as per the referenced thread.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Before any of you jump the gun...extended gear shift lever...I can manage my own extended shaft thanks;-)
Old 03-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Ryan...
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I would love a black GS1 with an extended lever!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:05 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Patrick,

Does the GS2 come only in black leather or are other leather colors available? I looked on the linked web site and didn't see any mention of available leather colors. My interior is Stone Gray so the black leather wouldn't work for me.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:59 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out of interest, when changing the shift **** what do you do about the shift boot?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:20 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Out of interest, when changing the shift **** what do you do about the shift boot?
You could modify the original one, but it would be easier to buy / have made an aftermarket leather boot.

Chris

Quick Reply: Gauging interest for BFI Shift Knobs