Mid range missing!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 07:24 AM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Mid range missing!

Yes I scanned the archives before I posted this.

I just fitted a secondary muffler bypass loop, I removed the secondary muffler and seem to have taken all my midrange grunt with it. My stock standard 90 C4 had a really srtong midrange that would really pull at 4,500 RPM, now I just have a flat power curve with more noise......in the archives the result seemed to be better low end, I dont feel this either.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get back my mid range and keep the sound?
Old 08-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry about the answer but change it back. Otherwise you are going down the slippery slope of continuous modifications to try and fix problems created by the previous modification. For the noise why not purchase a proper sports muffler system from an established after market manufacturer. It is cheaper and safer (frustration wise) in the long run. I do not understand why the noise issue. I think it is much more fun for them not to see you coming and only see you going, away from them with your big fat rear end (Porsche rear end) the only thing they can see. The modification you have carried out fits into my favourite category, "constant velocity with variable noise"
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4

Quick Reply: Mid range missing!