Sponsored by:

adjustable coil over adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 11:11 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RBake 91,

One problem with adjustable suspension is that everything needs to be adjusted to work properly. You mentioned you were getting it aligned. I hope you are also getting it corner balanced as this is a requirement after fitting new adjustable coilovers.

Strange how the different parts of the boards latch onto things. If you mentioned Roock on the 996TT board, you would have 50 people telling you to stay away. Yet it seems that you got a good deal, good service, and it appears a good product. Oh Well, good luck...
Old 08-31-2003, 06:21 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Bob,
You make a good point. One of the reasons for this is because during the days of the 964 established "tuners" were race teams.
Roock was a seriously successful Porsche race team back in these days as they were with the 993. Their 964 and 993 products are a result of that racing. We got what they used and tested and developed.
However the 996 is a little different. The tuning company competition has hotted up. There are many companies nowadays offering 996 tuning products. Many have no race experience or product development from racing. The 996 racing products basically consists of the GT-3RS. The supply is up, demand is up, competition is up and things like endurance testing, customer support etc have declined.
There may be other reasons but I have witnessed these changes over the past 10 years and things and products were better prepared for the 964 and 993. Customer support and service is one of the major casualties of all of this.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 08-31-2003, 11:20 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adrian

I think your points also apply to the factory too. Porsche's race heritage was not just the reputation it garnered from winning, it also directly translated into the product itself. That ain't happening any more. And that is a fundamental shift in the genetic make-up of Porsche.

Last edited by Ruairidh; 08-31-2003 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:27 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Ruairidh,
You are correct. I was just reading a little story of the last 993 race car developed at the factory. It was the last effort of this kind. The 996 Cup cars and GT-3s are all part of the Porsche Motorsports customer racing program. Not quite the same.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4

Quick Reply: adjustable coil over adjustment?