Sponsored by:

Help scooting seat back.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help scooting seat back.

I need to fix my motor contacts so my seat motors work again. But, until i find time to do thst i want to slide my seat all the way back.
I looked in the manual and it shows emergency slide release, but i couldn't find them on my car. Do some cars not have them?
Is there an easy way to just slide the seat back? Rest of the seat is in a comfy position. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 AM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the same problem but my seat will go up and down but not back and forth. I would also appreciate a short term solution if anyone has one.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Its been a while since I've had my seats out but I seem to remember there is a spot at the front of the seat that will let you mechanically move the seat. If you remove the black cover at the front of the seat base, you should be able to see the two electric motors. I remember seeing a place you could insert a allen key to move the seat manually if the motors had failed.

See
Old 12-11-2014, 09:37 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Its been a while since I've had my seats out but I seem to remember there is a spot at the front of the seat that will let you mechanically move the seat. If you remove the black cover at the front of the seat base, you should be able to see the two electric motors. I remember seeing a place you could insert a allen key to move the seat manually if the motors had failed.

See
I recall that the black plastic cover has a hole in it so that the hex wrench, provided in the Tool Kit, fits thru it so the seat can be adjusted without having to remove the cover.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:35 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

When you press one the seat adjustment buttons, do you hear the motor go "clunk", but the seat doesn't move? Or do you hear/feel nothing?

I ask, because when one of my seat height motors wasn't working, it turned out that it was a problem with the drive cable not sitting tight at the end where it connects with the worn gear motor. The cable wasn't properly connected, so it wouldn't move the seat. In my case, I could hear the motor trying to work, but the seat wouldn't move.

I know there are issues with the motors, I also wonder if others have had issues with the cables?
Old 12-12-2014, 10:08 AM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine used to move back and forth if it was at it's maximum height. When the seat was lowered it would not go back and forth. Now it's not going back and forth at all. Still goes up and down in the front and the rear just fine.

Quick Reply: Help scooting seat back.